What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

Got the haze from a bro visit and stop at Monkish Brewery. Solid Haze

63F311CE-FD9F-40E4-A1BF-E04160B5865A.thumb.jpeg.adbc71bc40a2333abfcccd0e8293e9fb.jpeg
99A46E18-BD34-479C-845A-D162D40883B0.thumb.jpeg.dd3ad487a46882c07bb3f1763345c797.jpeg

Looks like Monkish is on fire ! Lots of hazy New England’s all rated high and semi strong as well. I may have to move to Cali !

• Haha 1

Be So Fluffy Haze. These are pretty thick. Some citrus and juicy fruit 
Trying to get some light through this opaque mixture of Playground Maneuver 

672BE179-7C26-4B82-B690-78BF86413188.thumb.jpeg.bc120257adf6cf1136f921e357422391.jpeg
5EA8F9D0-F32C-4FCD-8DD9-EC3FFD126D2D.thumb.jpeg.6928ddf699876160fb3fc59580ad9422.jpeg

That be so fluffy is gorgeous as well. First pic hard to see but Monkish ratings very very high as a general rule. Enjoy !

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, lovethehaze said:

How does it look in a clear glass ? H A Z Y ?

It's not super hazy but nice and refined. Would like to have tasted a few more citrus notes. Also tried the DAZY which is a double IPA at 8% from Colonial brewing here in Aus. I like the DAZY more - very smooth for a double but would of liked just a bit more citrus. Wasn't huge on hoppiness so matched well with the Upmann.

• Like 2

A young Crozes Hermitage. This is Tight but what briary flavors abound. I won’t touch this case for a year. It’s good now but Paul Jaboulet builds them for aging. I respect that old school notion. For some odd reason I have my castle to myself tonight... SRV Couldn’t Stand The Weather spinning at 45RPM heating the tubes in my preamp stage. A masterpiece from a Great Texas Bluesman. And later I hopes.. the best CC I can find. Life is Good

E400779B-490C-413B-B201-32B838778AF3.jpeg

• Like 2

I personally love the Tankard. So we can petition for a change in thread title. It’s much cooler sounding anyway. But since we can’t get a hit off your haze we selfishly enjoy a visual of the haze. And that’s all my haze theory of the day. Glasses be damned!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CampDelta369 said:

I personally love the Tankard. So we can petition for a change in thread title. It’s much cooler sounding anyway. But since we can’t get a hit off your haze we selfishly enjoy a visual of the haze. And that’s all my haze theory of the day. Glasses be damned!

or, and i know that this is a revolutionary idea, you could start a separate haze thread. and therefore leave all those in the glass camp, perfectly happy. or perhaps just assume that 'glass' in this sense, has a more all-encompassing aspect to it. 

• Like 3

On 8/13/2019 at 1:27 AM, shamz84 said:

A very underrated dram imo....such a lovely smooth whisky767985bc60b6f3b099ffa6d862a8ab94.jpg

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

I have the 18 yr old of this and agreed very underrated. Pairs well with a medium bodied cigar like a Punch or a RyJ. 

From Wed evening last week but still good for a rye. Lip service rye and a good smoke.d0b9fd7c48ffea3bb25b5ef7167065ba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2