What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

Went to a cigar and whiskey tasting last night and we had some good whiskies.  I am not too into Scotch or Bourbon, but was said these are good ones.  The cigars were all Davidoff's and were really fantastic.  Great change of pace for me and would recommend any that were presented.  Was small event with about 10-12 people.  I could've taken home some of the bottles, but don't really drink Scotch at home.  Was casual event that went on for hours.
Anyone familiar with this bottle of Willett?  

1879544696_westonshootersclub.thumb.JPG.50e4355233691710c5f94d3edcbceb28.JPG
1895416071_westonshootersclub2.thumb.JPG.c5fdba399cc6cbe2a0c8e4d47d66cf85.JPG
I bet that willet bourbon was delicious!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

A bit young, no?  2016 is a good vintage.

Yes, totally agree with you on youth and vintage. I just wanted to try it out - I have little restraint most times. I should go back and grab one and try to be more patient

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Mr.T said:

Yes, totally agree with you on youth and vintage. I just wanted to try it out - I have little restraint most times. I should go back and grab one and try to be more patient emoji51.png

Buy 7.  1 for now and 6 to wait decade + to start.  It's easy to let them age once you have a good impression in the mind on what wine tasted like.

• Like 1

2017 Little Book. Last night decided to try this again, haven't had it since my last bday (next one is creeping up too) still hot, but better than I remembered.
f13609cdbfb330bea3fc20db8d8a1bcf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

i put this up in another thread and then realised it should probably be here. 

lunch with a few mates the other day, with some thoughts.

don't have the notes with me so going off memory for thoughts and vintages - 

pol roger sir winston 2002 - as good as one could hope.

gosset celebris 2004 - fair, thought it would be better. shown up by those around it.

philipponnat clos des goisses 'les cintres' 2008 - spectacular. first time any of us had ever seen this. 

trimbach 'clos st hune' 2012 - as good as any clos st hune i've ever seen. amazing. 

the next two were blind (but served in the bracket with the clos st hune).

trimbach geisberg 2012 - decent. probably would have looked better by itself, rather than being shown up by the clos st hune.

rene renou 'Anne' Bonnezeaux 1997 - rich, old, sweet, complex. a few of the guys dismissed it on arrival but they all keot their glasses and finished the lot. 

next bracket - 

bouchard meursault geneveries 2005 - opened a bit dull but soon came around and was lovely. 

bonneau du martray corton charlemagne 2012 - a very good Bonneau but not one of the greats. at least not yet. 

reds -

bouchard 'Le Corton' 2005 - again, very good, but i am never convinced that corton deserves elite grand cru status. may be, with a lot of age. 

Elio Altare Brunate Barolo 1999 - as good a Barolo as one could ever wish for. amazing. i'd read Altare considered this his best and now see why. 

Pichon Lalande 1986 - okay but seen better days. 

latour 2004 - i have mates who are fans of 2004. you could see why from this one but i suspect it is the best of the vintage.

Magnum of Yquem 1989 (i won this from a mate in a bet - and yes, he was there to share it). wonderful. a fantastic mature Yquem.

quinta do noval nacional 1960 - best of the nacionals i've seen (70 was another fave). i think it is also the oldest. a few from the 80s i think are overrated. okay but nothing close to the rep and price. this one was a beautiful mature port. just so close to perfect. 

not a bad day. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FatherOfPugs said:

I installed a new ceiling fan in the new (to us) house last night, and treated myself to this afterwards.

20190228_213630.thumb.jpg.23482a216dada55cde51931edf3b9174.jpg

Nice to know that you are so kind to yourself! ?

• Haha 1

On 2/26/2019 at 4:40 PM, prodigy said:

Wife and I signed a contract on our first house. Best bourbon is coming out tonight!51fbb82655707f40280be1d309f6e179.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Cogratulations!  

• Like 1

You're making a very dear favourite of mine...the Sazerac?

You betcha! I don’t drink much rye straight except for older, overpriced stuff (my very last Sazerac 18 bought 15 years ago). Sazerac and Old Fashioned are my top 2 favorite cocktails.

On 3/2/2019 at 1:16 AM, Lotusguy said:

3cb7a77388baffa36d4b50434b4d92c2.jpg

Opened my new acquisition from Taipei duty-free - it was under $30 for the bottle!

Best cask strength available for the price, now that Macallan CS has been discontinued

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1