What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

On 7/2/2019 at 7:11 PM, BoliDan said:

OGD old fashioned.

The good thing about Old Grandad is it doubles as paint thinner. 

20190702_193315.thumb.jpg.ff6553945781da27220eece1f1c13e33.jpg

Yes. I get mine at Home Depot in the paint section as well, along with Canadian Club.

• Haha 2

today I had to try several spirits. I was cooking, grilling, and enjoying a relatively relaxed day. My favorite was the Glenmorangie Astar! 

IMG_1564.JPG

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Mr.T said:

cd79804859a061793b2802b7fe5d2815.jpg

Excellent. My favorite Italian DOCG. Brunello can be sublime. I love the Sangiovese! I hope it was a good one.

• Like 1

Excellent. My favorite Italian DOCG. Brunello can be sublime. I love the Sangiovese! I hope it was a good one.

Yes, it was, thanks! I had to be patient but it really developed nicely...

• Like 1

On 7/9/2019 at 12:11 PM, CampDelta369 said:

we had a brilliant brunello lunch recently but with a couple of corked bottles. 

171862498_IMG_4113(002).thumb.jpg.b49f61f09a1e82e15dfd57247565eace.jpg

then this week, another lunch (not specifically brunello) and this was horrendously corked. if i ruled the world, i'd jail any winemaker not using screwcap. what a waste. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

we had a brilliant brunello lunch recently but with a couple of corked bottles. 

171862498_IMG_4113(002).thumb.jpg.b49f61f09a1e82e15dfd57247565eace.jpg

then this week, another lunch (not specifically brunello) and this was horrendously corked. if i ruled the world, i'd jail any winemaker not using screwcap. what a waste. 

Agreed Ken, it’s a waste. The first synthetic corks I saw was a trip to Queensland in ‘96? Then all those screwtops! Forward thinking imo. I had a lot of Two Hands back then. I couldn’t afford the top OZ wines at the time but the Shiraz was monster I liked.

its always bothered me, in particular those crappy corks on the Italian wines. I’m always checking my aging bottles of Brunello and Barolo for bleed through. I’ve had good luck with so far with the corking beast. Damn if i I drank all my ‘97s. That year had legs. Cheers