What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

• 2 weeks later...

Domaine Thillardon Chenas Chassignol 2017

Crazy Beaujolais.....

Cloudy as hell and funky like a monkey. Medium-light / medium body, savory - lightly peppery, clovish (would like to get another bottle to leave for a couple of years). I guess not something I'd recommend to many, but for me, hell yeah! In cigar context, a medium bodied, full flavored cigar.

DTCB.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, CampDelta369 said:

2001 Numanthia Toro. Go Big

C58C34F8-87F7-4E8C-8A9B-0ACC9514033C.jpeg

One of my newly discovered favorites! I haven't had anything that old but Im a fan.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RicoIsHere said:

Sure is! Have to go buy another bottle today. Excellent in coffee!!!

It’s actually at a lot of stores as I have now been looking. Seems to be 27-30 range. Well worth it. 
cheers 

13 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

lunch with a few mates from interstate and around. some amazing wines and a good mate who is the owner of the restaurant arranged some fantastic caviar and the best white truffle we've ever seen.

kicked off with that amazing champagne, finished with the port and plenty of good stuff in between. highlight - the 2009 rousseau chambertin. don't have the pic here. 

1636510120_nov19-3009.thumb.JPG.52408c93694678e0db07dad3d2b45045.JPG1080925780_nov19-3008.thumb.JPG.30790abacc2ca7b4531008aa9e0c3cff.JPG

How was the Dow?  '77 Dow has a lot of variance to it.  A run of iffy corks can make this vintage one I no longer chase.  I find '77 to be a little over-hyped.

7 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

How was the Dow?  '77 Dow has a lot of variance to it.  A run of iffy corks can make this vintage one I no longer chase.  I find '77 to be a little over-hyped.

it was good but certainly not great. have seen better. i'm a fan of 77s but they can certainly vary. would not put this down to the cork - we'd already lost a Bienvenues Batard Montrachet and a 2010 Chambertin to the dreaded taint/brett already that day. another might have seen calls for invading portugal. beyond me why these people don't use screwcaps. 

1 hour ago, The Squiggler said:

IMG_0517.thumb.JPG.ee5e847519d404c30df0334b75734032.JPG

straightforward, simple, classic... figuring up how many gallons of this stuff I've consumed in my lifetime would probably involve learning to count a little bit higher

My favorite original pale ale. A standard.

On 12/5/2019 at 6:10 PM, Ken Gargett said:

it was good but certainly not great. have seen better. i'm a fan of 77s but they can certainly vary. would not put this down to the cork - we'd already lost a Bienvenues Batard Montrachet and a 2010 Chambertin to the dreaded taint/brett already that day. another might have seen calls for invading portugal. beyond me why these people don't use screwcaps. 

I bought a bottle of the '77 for my dad a while back and found it to be a bit on the meek side compared to some of the other vintages from that era, most specifically the '81, which was especially fantastic.  The '77 I bought was a 375ml bottle, and it's the only example of that particular vintage I've tried.  I can't imagine the size of the bottle would have much of an effect on the aging process though (the cork seemed fine).