What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

58 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

that should have been a bit special. 

The Cannubi has come to be my favourite of their single vineyard wines.  I'd take it over their flagship Bric del Fiasc, and the flashy/brassy Rocche dell'Annunziata.  The Cannubi seems to take the barrique treatment particularly well, without the fruit perfume being compromised and the 2004 is in a great state right now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SirVantes said:

The Cannubi has come to be my favourite of their single vineyard wines.  I'd take it over their flagship Bric del Fiasc, and the flashy/brassy Rocche dell'Annunziata.  The Cannubi seems to take the barrique treatment particularly well, without the fruit perfume being compromised and the 2004 is in a great state right now.

i have a bottle of the simple 16 langhe in front of me for tasting shortly. not quite the same level but beggars...

On 4/23/2020 at 9:49 PM, FatherOfPugs said:

This evening's pour.

20200423_192615.thumb.jpg.f06128dd78ec873dc8367452a050b419.jpg

I got the 22 year Speyside at Costco.  Holy smokes!  Excellent.  A little pricier ($80) but soooo goood.  Shared it with buddies and was sent back to buy another 7 bottles.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

i have a bottle of the simple 16 langhe in front of me for tasting shortly. not quite the same level but beggars...

Well, at least '16 is the latest "dream vintage" so even the langhe should be pleasing.  You can't expect sympathy after that Henschke extravaganza you just had.  

9 minutes ago, SirVantes said:

Well, at least '16 is the latest "dream vintage" so even the langhe should be pleasing.  You can't expect sympathy after that Henschke extravaganza you just had.  

to be honest, i have quite a few more 16s on the way to compare. but i can't get to them till i get some of the champers and gins out the way. a range of monkey 47s arrived and then yesterday, the 2012 Cristal. looking forward to that. 

A local Mornington Peninsula pinot. Light, lively and floral/fruit driven without heavy tannins. It was a surprisingly good match with a JL#2. I enjoyed two glasses before the cigar and then one during and two more after.

IMG_5271.jpg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Bill Hayes said:

A local Mornington Peninsula pinot. Light, lively and floral/fruit driven without heavy tannins. It was a surprisingly good match with a JL#2. I enjoyed two glasses before the cigar and then one during and two more after.

IMG_5271.jpg

bill, ten minutes by tractor makes some fabulous Pinots. one of my faves. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

bill, ten minutes by tractor makes some fabulous Pinots. one of my faves. 

Yep, they are one of my favs too. This was 2018 but very quaffable and delicate. It was very affordable too. Found it on special at my bottle shop.