What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

not strictly in my glass today but we have been looking at the new penfolds collection for the year. embargo over this morning.

a brilliant new grange (2016) and an amazing special release, the G4 (a blend of 2002, 2004, 2008 and 2016 Grange - only 2,500 bottles at $3,500 a pop). and lots more. if anyone is interested and stuck in isolation with time, https://winepilot.com/story/penfolds-2020/.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2020 at 11:54 PM, Stogiepuffer said:

How was it? I have one unopened.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Fantastic easy notes of honey and heather, bit of apple, cinnamon for balance. Love it, have probably finished 10+ bottles by now! 

12 hours ago, Bill Hayes said:

Enjoyed some Nikka from the barrel Whisky highballs then finished the last of my El Dorado over the weekend. Might go back to the 15yo for my next purchase. Cheers

IMG_5424.jpg

Last week i opened  a bottle of  the 15yo. It'll take getting used to. Seems a bit too sweet for me. How's the 21yo in comparison? 

8 hours ago, RicoIsHere said:

Last week i opened  a bottle of  the 15yo. It'll take getting used to. Seems a bit too sweet for me. How's the 21yo in comparison? 

I like the 15yo more. The 21yo is a bit too sweet. I like the 15yo with JL2. But yes, it can be a bit sweet too if you're used to drinking Scotch. Cheers, enjoy mate.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mr.T said:

A very nice way to enjoy some fine weather in the upper Midwest

903777e9a6cbcf963519383a2b46948a.jpg
eb9d7fe18f38ebc19eb873b92e904747.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank God Maker's Mark came out with a cask strength offering... I drank that stuff for years as a young man and it was my goto whisky, but I always wished it had more oomph! Now it does. It's the way Maker's Mark was intended to be! The 46 isn't bad either?

• Like 1