What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

9 hours ago, Bill Hayes said:

Wow, you win the internet! How was it? Looks amazing.

A little disappointing, I expected to wowed for the price, but no regrets to have experienced it. Still a very good sherried smokey Scotch.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

bill, nice stuff. i had the same sauternes about ten days ago. even the same vintage. enjoyed it. 

Thanks Ken, yep sauternes was pretty good, especially with stinky cheese. Although not quite d'Yquem and foi gras... ha ha

i did have half a dozen of that wine but sadly all gone. i have a single magnum of the 89 left. probably due. 

I bought some of these at an auction in Toronto in 2006. The last time I had one was 10 years ago today and at that time I made a note that the next time I would have one would be September 11,2020 (today). This was significantly better than the one 10 years ago. I have one left that I think saving for 10 years might be pushing it but I’ll likely have it September 11,2025.

I also have some from 2004 that have been very good. I say crack that ‘89 and let us know how it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, CampDelta369 said:

Now we are talking! How was the Faiveley?

I really enjoyed it.  Lovely vibrant nose of cherry and spice, underpinned by earth, and a great long finish.  I only rarely drink Burgundy, but am in danger of being sucked in by bottles like these.

• Like 2