What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

1 hour ago, BrightonCorgi said:

You drank all of those bottles down for one dinner?

There were 4 of us and we finished the wine, but were sensible with the whisky. The Laddie and the 35 yo Speyside on the right especially were to be savoured with faculties relatively intact.  

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

On 10/10/2020 at 2:54 AM, SirVantes said:

The Laddie and the 35 yo Speyside on the right especially were to be savoured with faculties relatively intact.  

Was it disclosed which distillery is the speyside from? Those sansibar x spirit shop selection bottlings have really good reputations

1 hour ago, Meklown said:

Was it disclosed which distillery is the speyside from? Those sansibar x spirit shop selection bottlings have really good reputations

Undisclosed.  Apparently quite a few of the secret Speyside indies are Glenfarclas, but this doesn't taste like one to me.  Quite fun playing the guessing game with these.

On 10/7/2020 at 12:14 PM, fokker4me said:

Dust bottle of pre fire (pre1996) Heaven Hill JW Dant, one of the best $18 on could have spent on Bourbon.

Old Contract Distilled Rittenhouse Rye, distilled Dsp-KY-354 by Brown Forman for Heaven Hill.

4 year old KBS

IMG_20201002_221439501.jpg

IMG_20201002_225610583.jpg

The 2016 KBS wasn’t my favorite fresh, but the 2019 and 2020 were both ridiculously good.  I’ll try a bottle of 2016 tomorrow, maybe cellaring has calmed the coffee a little.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2020 at 8:57 PM, lovethehaze said:

That time of the year again...sooo good 

9859CC30-C8C1-498A-9803-AFE1FF6AD848.jpeg.6bf02e7a7c80f8d6b8698d904c7f5586.jpeg

Ever since I saw that on this forum I make sure I have a bottle in the pantry! Great in the morning coffee, esp. since I've been working g from home since March.

• Like 2