What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

9 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Vale Meao Meandro is a great wine.  Their 2nd wine I believe.  Costco use to sell it for like $22 and I bought a lot of it.  2007 Vintage and I still have about 4-5 bottles.  Usually it's about 10 years on base Douro wine, reserva's about 20 years before starting to fade.  The Meandro is still going strong.  Meandro could be one of the Douro benchmark's for regular wine along with Ramos Pinto Duas Quintas.  I use to include Symington's Altano, but they've changed styles for the worse.

i have seen the meandro but not for ages. looking forward to it. a magnum should be in form. 

surprised about the altano. that is disappointing. by chance, i had a day with the symingtons (mostly for ports) back when they were about to release the first one. seemed pretty impressive at the time but another which i have not seen for a couple of years. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

that should do it. one of my all time fave vintages. 
It was fantastic; a real one off for me. My dad was gifted it a good while ago and I finally convinced him to open it.

On 12/26/2021 at 8:51 AM, SirVantes said:

Xmas excess. Looking forward to new year’s

27F23705-CB2E-4CAA-B5B5-A1487EA045F3.jpeg

We also had a Cote Rotie on Christmas; '79 Guigal Brun et Blonde that was a goner 😞  Most have been solid, but this one was no bueno.  We went with a 2003 Ramos Pinto Duas Quintas Reserva that was quite special!  Was close to opening a Musar as well.  Oddly, no port over the weekend except for polishing of a Noval 10 tawny that opened a week or earlier.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2022 at 10:43 AM, RichG said:

Received a bottle over the summer as a gift. Just cracked it, really enjoying this. Nice caramel, vanilla and spice.

Irish Whiskey does not get its due. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

That's must've been fun.

Indeed it was. I've never had a bad vintage of Clos Des Papes. This was my last bottle. I also had a 2010 and either an 07 or an 09... I can't remember that earliest vintage but they were all phenomenal👌

4 hours ago, Baccy said:

Indeed it was. I've never had a bad vintage of Clos Des Papes. This was my last bottle. I also had a 2010 and either an 07 or an 09... I can't remember that earliest vintage but they were all phenomenal👌

i have seen the 07 a number of times, probably more than more recent vintages. for me, as good as i have seen from them. definitely good fun. 09 pretty special as well. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

i have seen the 07 a number of times, probably more than more recent vintages. for me, as good as i have seen from them. definitely good fun. 09 pretty special as well. 

Yeah it was actually the 07... out of sheer curiosity I found the old invoice 😄.  I just remember snagging it when the opportunity presented itself. Good stuff!

On 2/20/2022 at 12:05 PM, Ken Gargett said:

this was pretty exciting yesterday. from the famous massandra winery in crimea.

And?  I never had the white muscat, but have tried a few Massandra's.  The one's I have tried were fortified. 

2 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

And?  I never had the white muscat, but have tried a few Massandra's.  The one's I have tried were fortified. 

amazing stuff. apparently the Livadia was their prized vineyard. same as you, my experience was with their fortifieds. this was still extraordinarily fresh. quite pepperminty.