What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

Lost Prophet bourbon, another Diageo OBC **** release, Glendronach Cask Strength, and a rum that a friend brought from Puerto Rico.

post-9940-0-95977100-1421408149_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-76407000-1421408163_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-76101000-1421408188_thumb.jp

1964 Armagnac - courtesy of a dear friend - Thank you, Sir!

What house was it? I have a bottle of 1964 Casterede that I think is fantastic. Just wondering what you had.

The Lost Prophet is not good?

I'll say this about OBLP, I thought is was the best of the now four releases, however if it was $30 us on a shelf (which it is not) I would pick many other bottles first. It is less wood forward then the previous releases but still an explosion of tannic wood on the finish and not much sweetness throughout. I have yet to like any of these OBC releases. LP is palatable at best if poured for you but I'd save my coin, that's JMHO. For whatever reason I keep trying these bottles when they are released.

I was wondering the same thing. Rave reviews. I can't find any to check myself. Maybe better that way, as it is already double original price

I think you would be disappointed at msrp let alone double it. It got a good write up and now it's flying off the shelf.