What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

Knob Creek Small Batch Straight Rye Whiskey.

Loving this rye at the moment: light, fruity, herbaceous, peppery, subtle and elegantly smooth. The heavy oak that is usually associated with American style whiskey is deftly controlled, maintaining a mild oaky tanginess. A long finish ensues that has a lull of barley sweetness.

Eminently drinkable despite the 100 proof with a viscous mouthfeel.

Ever since I started dabbling in rye, this has been the profile that I most enjoyed.

A whisky drinker's whiskey and a fitting introduction to American rye.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I just bought 4 bottles of Johnnie Walker Green from an online retailer . Not delivered yet, but I found it odd. Especially at the price I paid, which was the typical retail price prior to discontinuation . This is a credible retailer who I have used before.

Has anyone any explanation for this? How can this be?

If so inclined, feel free to pm me for retailer info

• Like 1

I just bought 4 bottles of Johnnie Walker Green from an online retailer . Not delivered yet, but I found it odd. Especially at the price I paid, which was the typical retail price prior to discontinuation . This is a credible retailer who I have used before.

Has anyone any explanation for this? How can this be?

If so inclined, feel free to pm me for retailer info

No explanation other than the fact you should be ready to celebrate when they arrive. Or, the retailer is an intermediary who uses a supplier and the stock listing may be incorrect. Anyway, PM sent.

Did some tasting at Jack Rose in Washington DC. Rittenhouse 21 year rye, WR Masters Collection Sweet Mash, Westward American Single Malt, and Willet 9yr Bourbon "Caught Stealing".

post-9940-0-14079200-1424193385_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-61201100-1424193397_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-99390500-1424193413_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-40996900-1424193427_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-92816100-1424193442_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-80935700-1424193647_thumb.jp

post-15681-0-89027700-1424331616_thumb.j

Finished off my bottle of Balcones Baby Blue. Very different from anything else I’ve tasted before, a bit of a shock at first (both on the nose and palette) but it certainly grew on me and now I actually like it a lot. It benefits from a bit of time in the glass to bring out the underlying aromas and tastes.

08e68f7dab0a45ff9899136eed1574f7.jpg

Having my first Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Release #5 from a fresh bottle.

Wow...just wow...it smells like I just spilt some perfume...Old Spice? The sweet aroma lingers like when you approach a winery during harvest season.

This is so smooth I can't believe it is 67.4%. Glides like silk and has an oily texture. Essence of oak but deftly balanced and so very refined.

The finish is remarkably long and lingering.

Add a few drops of water and it opens up to reveal a spicier livelier profile.

• Like 2