What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

sengjc, you must have a serious single malt collection mate...full of unique, fine Scotch whiskies!

Had this too.

49d68da694aa6404b5a96af20f5ba887.jpg

Quite Islay-ed out after last night. :lol:

The Octomore 6.1 and Port Charlotte PC11 are dangerously drinkable, can hardly feel the alcohol in them.

The Auriverdes feels a little tame for an Ardbeg. Likewise the Dark Storm feels quite un-Talisker. Nice whisky though.

• Like 1

I thought you weren't that much into peated and smokey whisky!

It would be amazing to see how you'd go if you were!

Went to Nicks Wine Merchants to get another bottle of Glenmorangie Astar and walked away with a bottle of The Glenlivet Master Distillers Reserve, 1 litre for 90 of our Australian trading chips.

Of course another bottle of Astar, it takes my breath away that stuff.

Finally I had a little taste of the Fortaleza reposado and was persuaded by it.

post-15948-0-45275300-1426757894_thumb.j

• Like 2

Woops, I was actually meant to post this in recent aquisitions but they're all pretty much in my glass today so I guess it's alright tongue.png

How was the RedBreast mate?? I'm tempted to pull the trigger on a bottle every time I walk by it when at the store but I would like to know more about the flavor profile before indulging. How did you like it? What is the nose, flavor, finish and your overall take on it??

redbreast 12, strong nose banana and green apple with some wood chip flavor in there and plenty of sea salt brine like an old pulteney. i got a bottle then my brother picked up another one. long finish very rewarding. one of the best irish out there with green spot.

Does it live up to the insane hype?

I'm usually not into hyped up things, but this stuff actually exceeded my expectations. It's hard to go back to any other IPA. Only better IPA I've had was Pliny the Younger, but that's only on tap at the brewery in Santa Rosa. As a side note, I'm much more a European lager type of guy, but this stuff has made me a convert.

I'm usually not into hyped up things, but this stuff actually exceeded my expectations. It's hard to go back to any other IPA. Only better IPA I've had was Pliny the Younger, but that's only on tap at the brewery in Santa Rosa.

Thanks! Did you pick yours up at KL? I'd like to try one sometime and I go to KL almost weekly :innocent:

Thanks! Did you pick yours up at KL? I'd like to try one sometime and I go to KL almost weekly innocent.gif

Nope. Straight from the Russian River Brewing company on 4th Street. You can buy up to 18 bottles I believe. It's about $5 a bottle. They also have awesome food and you can taste all their beers (22 I believe) for $18. I believe the only place that sells it in SF/SJ is Whole Foods and they get it at 11am on Wednesdays and there's a 2 bottle limit lol. Usually sells out super fast.

Thanks - not worth the hassle unless I want to resell on eBay ;) (kidding)

Will give it a shot when work or travel brings me near Santa Rosa.

Last night was pretty epic:

Michel Couvreur Overaged Malt Whisky

Kilchoman Sherry Cask single cask

Kilchoman Port Cask single cask

SMWS Caol Ila (don't remember the age- not worth it, mediocre Caol Ila)

SMWS Springbank 10- Alice in Wonderland Whisky (this stuff was the BOMB- excellent!!!)

Glen Garioch Cask Strength

Springbank 12 Calvados finish

I didn't take photos, oh well.

• Like 1