What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

Napanook 2009

also forgot to add that I had the Balvenie 17 Doublewood the other night. About what you'd expect, a very slightly more refined version of the 12. Not sure it is worth the incremental $, unfortunately.

Good to know. That just came out in my neck of the woods and was debating on picking it up.

Napanook 2009, a great vintage. I picked up a couple cases of its older brother last year to lay down for awhile.....:)

Last night at the Occidental Cigar Bar San Francisco some outstanding Caol Ila 28 and then some Talisker 18 which was more expensive but not as good...

I LOVE that bar!!!! A single pour was 4+ shots :party:

Bulleit bourbon, first sip and it is better than the price lead me to believe, quite enjoying it

That one surprised me as well, I enjoyed the bottle I had very much. Didn't last too long once opened, will definatly pick up more.

That one surprised me as well, I enjoyed the bottle I had very much. Didn't last too long once opened, will definatly pick up more.

Same here, I usually rotate between the Bulliet and WT101 but I really like the smooth almost cinnamon spice in the Bulliet.

Finally... for the first time... 2009 Sassicaia. Not that hard to find, more I haven't been willing to drop the $. I came across a bottle a year ago and I passed, went back 2 days later after changing my mind and it was gone.

At a restaurant the other day with a wine enthusiast friend, and he hadn't had it either. We decided to split the bottle after dinner, effectively as an digestif.

I've tried to recall my wine experiences, and am coming up short on trying to figure out a better wine I've had - I think this may be the best to-date.