maverickdrinker

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

Hill shine - corn/barley mash clocked in at 186 proof. Condensed through a copper coil and no charcoal filter.  Served as a 50/50 mix with tapwater.  Smell is of springwater and tequila, flavor is long on grains and beningly medicinal (eucalyptus). Finish is clean with a warming burn.  The real magic is the purity - no hangovers to be had despite the amount consumed. Sto lat!

IMG_20180921_224334.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kaptain Karl said:

I’ve been eyeing this bottle, thinking it’ll pair great with cigars. What do you think of it? 

It works very well for me.  Just a touch of sweetness from the rum cask finish does the trick every time.  It is a very approachable whisky.  

I also like the fact that it is 43% ABV and reasonably priced.  

On 8/29/2018 at 7:35 PM, inter4alia said:

So little left but thinking I need just a little nip tonight. 

20180829_212716.jpg

I would love to be able to find some Willett bourbon, heard great things, their 3 and 4 year ryes are great 

On 10/10/2018 at 11:49 PM, SmokenWhisky said:

I would love to be able to find some Willett bourbon, heard great things, their 3 and 4 year ryes are great 

Keep your eye open for Johnny Drum Private Stock.  Stilled by the Willett people, generally widely available and simply fantastic whiskey that drinks several shelves above its price.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2018 at 11:49 PM, SmokenWhisky said:

I love the Willett ryes. Excellent, but not easy to find at least in my neck of the woods. I picked up a few bottles of bourbon and Rye last year when I visited the distillery. I highly recommend a visit if you ever get the chance. 

No cigar last night but a lovely dram of Craigellachie 13 yr
e29cfd22f7b96420db4fccc9b465a9b1.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I've had this in my shopping cart on numerous occasions and always end up buying something else. It goes without saying I'm intrigued by it, but am a lil too shy to pull the trigger. Can you give me a run down of what you experience with this bottling? Your thots?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk