What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

Yesterday. After the heat came nice flavors..HOT

3a30b2b70b5fc9be9d3e787ea216c5ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have four regular bottles that are not store picks. It's the most caramel forward bourbon I've ever tried.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Bill Hayes said:

Friday is NZ Pinot day at work. Then again, it's good beer week here - and me thinks there will be some beers consumed tonight!

IMG_4378.jpg

such a great producer.

those guys and bell hill (and felton road) are my kiwi faves. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

such a great producer.

those guys and bell hill (and felton road) are my kiwi faves. 

Particularly like Felton Road for the depth of flavour from volcanic soil. Drank a whole bottle with a JL #2. Who says wine doesn't go with cigars! Just got to make the right match.

12 minutes ago, Bill Hayes said:

Particularly like Felton Road for the depth of flavour from volcanic soil. Drank a whole bottle with a JL #2. Who says wine doesn't go with cigars! Just got to make the right match.

bill, there is a small apartment attached to the winery. a very nice apartment. a few years back, they put me up there during a visit. had done the tasting/visit etc with blair and then a few emersons beers. 

then they left me there. not another soul in the place. and kindly left me a cellar of great felton road wines. i remember sitting out the front, looking down over the vines across the lake as the sun set, with a top bottle of pinot and a great cigar (can't recall what it was). it really does not get much better than that. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CampDelta369 said:

Whats in my Glass?

Whats on My Spit?

2007 Le Vieux Donjon CDP. A fruit forward Rhone Bomb dominated by Grenache (75% Grenache, 10% Syrah, 10% Mourvedre, and 5% other authorized varietals). 12 years old and ready to go. Parker gave this one a 95+, but he is a wine Freakasoauras and cant be trusted.

Marys Organic Duck Breast. I dry rubbed this with Salt, Pepper, Gallic, Onion, Sweet Paprika, Herbs de Provence. Grilled to 118F internal and finish glazed with Canadian Grade A Maple Syrup. Complete culinary madness.

This was all preliminary to the Bolivar BF Review. So a perfect evening with family and friends. Cheers Brothers.

IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0095.JPG

Duck looks amazing ! Well done. 

• Thanks 1

Hop butcher Super Deep In The Groove ... F’in mango ? peach ? hopbombalishous. 

If in Chicago this beer is a must if u like haze and craft and perfection.  Very limited release and runs. Basically sold out same day within hours at all locations. I could only manage 2 of the 3 today. Have to work damn ! Have to check insta for releases .. and no I don’t work there just trying to help out fellow enthusiasts. 

F81100D0-1E76-4393-8888-75CC10F18DCF.thumb.jpeg.8eff9ff89d0c06d5fdbe1bcac700c761.jpeg8D421256-1729-427B-9375-4F3A5CE1AF4C.thumb.jpeg.d8137333e3d09202842ef01c16b7f87a.jpeg0FC52637-A308-4934-901D-CBEA91D6BAB2.thumb.jpeg.2ad4191821067c2683ab8abe648cab88.jpeg   

• Like 4

Tried Cigar Afficianado's #1 cigar with a bottle of rum raisin stout called Captain Raisin Beard from Moondog brewers a few weeks agao. Surprisingly, the cigar was really quite good. I still prefer the Cuban twang but sometimes a NC is a nice little change, and this one I can recommend. The stout was a special release for good beer week here in Melbourne. Big, bold rum and raisin at 12.5.%.

IMG_4383.jpg

• Like 4

Hop butcher “Skrap Metal “ canned 5/29/19. Really nice. Stone fruit, lime and ripe melon. Smells like sweet ripe light cantaloupe and stone fruit., goes down smooth and has a solid hop backbone. Anything that says “u got that James dean “ is ok with me !!

????.6 out of ?????

A1D32E27-3DB3-4062-9DF1-FBE1CEC3A6DC.thumb.jpeg.dcea5fec452adae30038fdc2acdb529b.jpeg4E1FC566-AD74-47CA-84A6-BD9EAD67200C.thumb.jpeg.7b26c9a67bc3fe5cebe73ec8c485e567.jpeg 

• Like 4

Bernheim whiskey last night while playing some South Park: The Fractured But Whole

• Like 2
  • Haha 1