Vintage Clear Havanas ca. 1930s sealed

This box just came in the mail - I usually don't post pictures of my additions anymore but I had to make an exception for this one. :innocent:

As you can see, the box is still sealed after ~80 years. It is even wrapped in Christmas paper. Inside are (I hope :lookaround:) clear havanas from the 1930s. Not sure yet if they are handmade or machine made.

I am DYING to open it, but I want to film this event and need a cameraman so as a teaser, here are some quick iPhone pictures of the outside :D

I will follow-up with more info once this sucker is open.

The box came with a freebie old Partagas Perfectos as well. :2thumbs:

post-7384-0-45758900-1357356547_thumb.jp

post-7384-0-37696900-1357356723_thumb.jp

post-7384-0-40029600-1357356731_thumb.jp

post-7384-0-86175700-1357356741_thumb.jp

post-7384-0-22794800-1357356752_thumb.jp

@Simon - I will absolutely do a review. Might even be my first ever video review, but no promises there...

@westg - shouldn't be an issue mentioning the source on the forum since they only specialize in pre-embargo stuff but just to be on the safe side, PM sent.

Wow! Great find Claus. I think I know the place. They post here once in a while I believe. ;) I bought a 1950's Clear Havanas Sampler from them not too long ago.

I've been tempted to pick up some stuff from them for a long time - did you smoke anything from that sampler yet?

Update: I opened the box today. Will post pictures and upload some videos tonight. The cigars look great - no bug holes or mold :2thumbs: The smell is most comparable with old books lol. If I read the tax stamp correctly, they are from 1933.

I won't smoke any for a couple of weeks in order to let them adjust to the humidity in my cabinet humidor. It will be difficult to wait.

Stay tuned :)

The NRA membership sticker is interesting. I wonder if that's the same NRA common in the US today, or if it refers to something that was actually associated with the tobacco biz back then.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

I've been tempted to pick up some stuff from them for a long time - did you smoke anything from that sampler yet?

Update: I opened the box today. Will post pictures and upload some videos tonight. The cigars look great - no bug holes or mold 2thumbs.gif The smell is most comparable with old books lol. If I read the tax stamp correctly, they are from 1933.

I won't smoke any for a couple of weeks in order to let them adjust to the humidity in my cabinet humidor. It will be difficult to wait.

Stay tuned smile.png

I haven't smoked any of mine yet. They smell good and pass the pinch test so they so some promise. That is a great find there Claus. That NRA sticker is a hoot. I wonder if there's added value in that being placed there?