Vintage Clear Havanas ca. 1930s sealed

Different NRA, as Ophidion correctly pointed out above :)

Cannot wait to smoke one. They are not dry and brittle.

Thank you all for the compliments!

They had a different, also sealed, Xmas box available but I did not have enough funds available to buy them both. They since opened it and split it up into 4-packs and singles. I believe such smokes should be shared and will do so.

Awesome buy man! these look nice. I love clear havana cigars and their wide variety of shapes, box art-packaging, and also aromas.

I got one of the four packs from that other christmas box recently! I smoked one and it was incredible. Love GCM

Awesome buy man! these look nice. I love clear havana cigars and their wide variety of shapes, box art-packaging, and also aromas.

I got one of the four packs from that other christmas box recently! I smoked one and it was incredible. Love GCM

I want to have those so bad... can't wait for my paycheck to order more LOL

I want to have those so bad... can't wait for my paycheck to order more LOL

Ya that's how I feel every time I see something new on their site. I want to order everything lol. It's pricey though, vintage cigars are surely not cheap. Some can truly be rewarding though.

• 4 weeks later...

Smoke time: 50 Minutes

Paired with Diet Coke but I didn't really drink anything due to advanced state of cigar-induced bliss ;)

Pre-Light: Easy draw but still some resistance. Aroma at cold is a little like old books.

First puffs - very mild - burn needs a little bit to get going

First third: Sweetness, Green Tea, Heather. Easiest retrohale ever! Good volume of smoke. Burn is very even without any touch-ups. Ash is light grey and very uniform and smooth. Tastes more like a 10 year old cigar than a 80 year old cigar. Evolves more towards barnyard and hay. Razor-sharp burn continues. Green tea towards black tea with underlying sweetness. No Cuban "twang" - probably too old for that. Ash holds the entire first third! Some toasty notes coming in towards the end of this third.

Second third: Pleasant and smooth. Ash still holds! Wish all CCs had a burn like this! Black tea, hay, and toasted something (bread? Nuts?). At mid point, some flowery notes come in for a few puffs. After that a few puffs with tingly spice right at the tip of the tongue that also vanish pretty quickly. Toast aftertaste. Ash well over half now - wow! Tea goes into the background - toast to the foreground. Perfect burn.

Last third: Burn gets a little wavy. Yup - ash STILL holds. Need to slow down since it starts to burn a bit hot. Spice on the tip of my tongue comes back and lingers longer this time - white pepper? Smoke volume increases. Take a look at that ash - it just won't quit!! Ash finally falls (took picture right after). Toasty goodness. No harshness whatsoever. Towards the tapering end, a fair bit of HdM wood flavors come in. Very pleasant. Smoke volume now very large. Toasty, woody notes continue to the nub.

Final comments: Wow - I am SOLD. I feared a tasteless cigar with crappy burn and construction issues - a novelty item, basically. Instead I was rewarded with a very tasty mild-medium perfect smoke that left me wanting MORE. I turned around right away and ordered another box of clear Havanas - I have now cleaned out this seller's entire inventory of complete clear Havanas boxes :innocent:

Rating: 96

post-7384-0-65394000-1360383515_thumb.jp

post-7384-0-42030000-1360383527_thumb.jp

post-7384-0-31418900-1360383557_thumb.jp

post-7384-0-41973700-1360383577_thumb.jp

post-7384-0-91851600-1360383595_thumb.jp

post-7384-0-58747900-1360383606_thumb.jp

post-7384-0-54518600-1360383750_thumb.jp

post-7384-0-02424200-1360383758_thumb.jp

post-7384-0-69609700-1360383765_thumb.jp

post-7384-0-61863600-1360383773_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

Amazing find and review!! I'd really like to learn more about the history of this cigar.. I seen PA on that box a few different times in your videos and being from PA it really peaks my intrest even more! Thanks again for sharing