Ok...own up who actually likes this drink whisper.gif

I have tried it every time I am in the sates for over 20 years. The last time recently in Boston and for the life of me I can't work out its "attraction".

Fill me in.......please...fill me in biggrin.png

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me Dr Pepper is marzipan flavoured coke, I used to like it back when I regularly drank full sugar soda. I do keep a can of it (or coke) on reserve though, just in case a cigar starts kicking my ass. I avoid the diet version like the plague, tastes like cardboard.

I used to see it in American movies and tv shows so when I went over there I had to try it. It's way too sickly sweet for me. I think it's supposed to be a cherry cola. I wouldn't drink it now and it's a pretty rare day when I drink any kind of soft drink.

Water, wine, beer , scotch. That's my poison these days.

Wowser. I can't believe anyone wouldn't love the 23 flavours of Dr Pepper! When in the States for work I pair it with a cigar regularly. It's the bomb diggity.

There's this other brand of soft drink I bring back to Australia for the Mrs called "Squirt". Customs always make a wisecrack when they see it.

I am generally not a soft drink sort of person,but if I do step out of line it's usually a Red Bull.

And I have always Pepsi to coke,have had a Dr Pepper can't say it rocked my world

never cared for it. i don't mind drinking it once and a while if i'm force too. its got an odd cherry like flavor that i just can't get used too.

Never really "got" Dr. Pepper either. To me it's a bit like sweetened copper sulfate.

Then again, every place has it's "strangely popular" soft drinks. Fresca, Lilt, Irn-Bru, Cream soda, red-lemonade and on and on

Tried a Dr Pepper once back in high school. Rated it just a smidge above Sarsi, a drink which I would do almost anything (including including watching a DC Bond film) to avoid having to ever drink again.

I got into it when I was a youngster when it was briefly imported at a normal price.. Occasionally buy 12 packs for $20 nowdays.. Usually one of many drinks in my fridge. Something I have on occasion.. like a treat I guess :P Haven't tried it with a cigar.

For me I remember early on thinking that Dr.Pepper was like having a coke with the after taste of a Christmas candy cane.. Don't think it does that to me anymore.. But I still enjoy it. :P It is pretty damn similar to Cherry Coke.. Which coincidentally I don't like.. Figure that one out!

I love that stuff - one step above root beer! Only the diet version, though 2thumbs.gif Can't really describe, why sad.png

I like it and am totally with the above view! Also if it needs a bit of a kick - coke mixed with amaretto tastes just the same!!

I'm not trying to sleep with it nyah.gif

Seriously...please...what dd you love?

It tastes like the cough medicine I used to filch from the cupboard when nobody was looking.

I've slept with worse.....after drinking worse...

I Love it! Even if I can't tell you exactly why......LOL. I've just always found it different enough from other sodas that I'm always intrigued with it. It was my favorite soda growing up, and my favorite now as an adult. I think it's the dry edge that highlights the sweetness, which isn't as overwhelming a sweetness as compared to other sodas.

Now, if you want a REAL different experience, Try yourself some PIBB. Used to be called "Mr. Pibb", now it's something like "Pibb Xtra"........but anyway, this was Coke's answer to Pepsi's Dr. Pepper. Pibb is hilarious stuff, tastes to me like Cough syrup with carbonation. Every coupla years.....I get a hankering for one. Hard to find, though...

Also, the Dr. Pepper in the UK tastes different than the US and Canada. I think it's because of frankenfoods laws or something.

Ok...own up who actually likes this drink whisper.gif

I have tried it every time I am in the sates for over 20 years. The last time recently in Boston and for the life of me I can't work out its "attraction".

Fill me in.......please...fill me in biggrin.png

You were in Boston and Drank a Dr. Pepper!????????? shead.gif

There's this other brand of soft drink I bring back to Australia for the Mrs called "Squirt". Customs always make a wisecrack when they see it.

Squirt is pretty good, I think it is bottled by Dr. Pepper.

The only beverage that I consume that has neither caffeine nor alchohol is water. To me, Dr.Pepper tastes like carbonated prune juice. The last time I tried it was years ago and I immediately remembered why I don't drink it. I have not paired it with a cigar. I think I did drink it while smoking another substance...