• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love the stuff.I guess it's because I've grown drinking the stuff.One type of soda that I really like is Kola Champagne.It's hard to find in the states.Tastes kinda like bubble gum.

Where to begin.....

Well for starters it's Texas born and bred. The original factory was in Dublin, Tx and is still there, but most of the operations moved to Waco, Tx. Waco, which is where I attended college, also hosts the Dr. Pepper Museum, which is really cool and historic. Dr. Pepper has always had a very strong and important relationship with Baylor University. On campus, Dr. Pepper is free. There is a historic event know as Dr. Pepper hour, which is featured on many of the old cans and bottles, and anywhere on campus, during the nostalgic Dr. Pepper Hours, you can go drink as much as you want for free, or even make a Dr. Pepper Float!! The recipe that nationally bottled is not the same recipe that is availiable to residents in Texas. There is a complete seperate batch of Dr. Pepper, still bottled at Dublin, and is commonly referred to as Dublin Dr. Pepper, and it uses pure Cane Sugar instead of High Fructose Corn Syrup, (the way it used to be made) and it makes a very big difference in taste. It is easy to find here in Texas in Stores and in many restaurants. It is spoken as somewhat of a legend among those outside of Texas, but it's a very real and plentiful product.

I remember as a child traveling to New York City in the mid to late 80's early 90's and it was impossible to find anywhere. No one had ever even heard of it. Now it's all over the country, but trust me, it's not the same stuff that we buy down here!!!!!!!!!!!! Dublin Dr. Pepper is a rarity for those outside of the State, but for us, it's commonly found on most grocery store shelves, gas station coolers and on tap at restaurants.

Sidenote:

Big Red is also made in Waco and by Dr. Pepper and they also make a Retro Big Red with Cane Sugar that is great, and if you are ever in the Dr. Pepper Museum, visit the Soda Fountain shop and get a REAL Big Red or Dr. Pepper Float!

.....Now David, when are you holding the Soda box pass again? biggrin.png

David, if/when you come up here for the Montreal Herf, or this summer for the Toronto MegaHerf III, you've GOT to bring me some of that Dublin Dr. Pepper then! Dibs! Name your price....I deal well in Cuban cigars and Cuban rum.... :devil2::lookaround:

:D

Where to begin.....

Well for starters it's Texas born and bred. The original factory was in Dublin, Tx and is still there, but most of the operations moved to Waco, Tx. Waco, which is where I attended college, also hosts the Dr. Pepper Museum, which is really cool and historic. Dr. Pepper has always had a very strong and important relationship with Baylor University. On campus, Dr. Pepper is free. There is a historic event know as Dr. Pepper hour, which is featured on many of the old cans and bottles, and anywhere on campus, during the nostalgic Dr. Pepper Hours, you can go drink as much as you want for free, or even make a Dr. Pepper Float!! The recipe that nationally bottled is not the same recipe that is availiable to residents in Texas. There is a complete seperate batch of Dr. Pepper, still bottled at Dublin, and is commonly referred to as Dublin Dr. Pepper, and it uses pure Cane Sugar instead of High Fructose Corn Syrup, (the way it used to be made) and it makes a very big difference in taste. It is easy to find here in Texas in Stores and in many restaurants. It is spoken as somewhat of a legend among those outside of Texas, but it's a very real and plentiful product.

I remember as a child traveling to New York City in the mid to late 80's early 90's and it was impossible to find anywhere. No one had ever even heard of it. Now it's all over the country, but trust me, it's not the same stuff that we buy down here!!!!!!!!!!!! Dublin Dr. Pepper is a rarity for those outside of the State, but for us, it's commonly found on most grocery store shelves, gas station coolers and on tap at restaurants.

Sidenote:

Big Red is also made in Waco and by Dr. Pepper and they also make a Retro Big Red with Cane Sugar that is great, and if you are ever in the Dr. Pepper Museum, visit the Soda Fountain shop and get a REAL Big Red or Dr. Pepper Float!

Cheers David...I had no idea biggrin.png

Nothing but grams of sugar, americans are in love with refined suger. The more the better, it

is one of the leading reasons american are over weight. This drink is pure junk just as most of the

so-called soft drinks in the US are. Better to drink some red wine, which is thought to be good

for your heart. Stay thrusty my friends, but stay away from that junk.

No. We are just fat because we eat people like you for breakfast.

Rimshot.

:jester:

No. We are just fat because we eat people like you for breakfast.

Rimshot.

jester.gif

Haven't touched a full "soda/softdrink" in years and still fat as a fool !LOL!

Red winemay be good for the heartand soul...not great for the waistline cofcig.gif

Nothing but grams of sugar, americans are in love with refined suger. The more the better, it

is one of the leading reasons american are over weight. This drink is pure junk just as most of the

so-called soft drinks in the US are. Better to drink some red wine, which is thought to be good

for your heart. Stay thrusty my friends, but stay away from that junk.

I take offense to that....lol. (Not at all). As an American, I like my diet soda with tons of chemicals I've never even heard of. That way I can save my calories for some good stuff, like donuts, ice cream, cake, and cookies. I kid, I kid. I do love my diet soda though

Lemmings follow lemmings. One glass of wine a day will not put any fat on a person but a case might, mates!

Pick your poison we only go around once unless you have been told otherwise.doctor.gif

I have been told otherwise spotlight.gif

One bottle a night.....on a bad day innocent.gif

Don't understand the hate. Diet Dr. Pepper is my second go to pop after Diet Coke. Although I must admit that lately I've been drinking caffeniated, lightly flavored water since my gal does not like me drinking so many pops.

Ok...own up who actually likes this drink whisper.gif

I have tried it every time I am in the sates for over 20 years. The last time recently in Boston and for the life of me I can't work out its "attraction".

Fill me in.......please...fill me in biggrin.png

I actually think it pairs well with most cigars. Not sure what it is but it seems to work well no matter what cigar I am smoking. It's also one of the only sodas that the diet version tastes almost identical to the regular version.

Growing up on the east, you don't get dr pepper. So when I was in the states I was so excited to try it. I guess like everybody said it's one of those things you gotta grow up with. I can take durian but most you can't, I suppose life is fair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5 bucks for 6 small bottles is a low price?

Compared to what people outside of Texas pay for it on the Internet plus shipping, I'd say so.

Growing up on the east, you don't get dr pepper. So when I was in the states I was so excited to try it. I guess like everybody said it's one of those things you gotta grow up with. I can take durian but most you can't, I suppose life is fair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I LOVE Durian!

Where do you get caffeinated water from? Supermarket or make it yourself?

Lately, I've been drinking either Avitae or Hi-Ball. Avitae is flavorless and Hi-Ball is lightly flavored and carbonated. I prefer the carbonation of Hi-Ball but the flavors are not great. I wish there was a better option. But those are the only options that I have found so far on the Internet. You can google them and have them shipped to you. Whole Foods carries Hi-Ball in their stores.

I think its a great drink but I just can't decide whether it is a type of root beer or weird mutant cola offspring. Really let us be completely serious why should we ask questions about the meaning of life when we can't decide on what the flavour of this addictive carbonated drink is. rotfl.gif