My first day @the Gym

Hi All

Well I finally bit the bullet ,after much procrastinating (25years worth ).thought it was about time I get a bit fitter.

Rocked up at the gym this morning ,owned by my wife's boss ,they said I could do a couple of sessions for free ,evn though they are very competitive on price ,met up with the personal trainer and started my 45 min session .

All afternoon I have felt like a crippled kid who has lost his calipers ,legs don't work properly aches and pains already LOL

Ah well no pain no gain as they say

Cheers

Steve

P.S apologies to any crippled members no offence meant :-)

No t back singlets at the Avairy mate.2thumbs.gif . Good stuff keep it up. I had both labourers not show up yesterday. So I thought no problems will do it myself.. Other employees strongly advised against it. Thay thought I might have a heart attack .. I feel like I have done a bungee jump without the rope, I awoke this morning stood up and my body sounded like a bowling alley ..ka pow..

Maybe I might hit the gym too.

Great work, Stevo!

Don't get disheartened by the pain or stiffness mate... Its just your body showing appreciation and getting stronger. Also, its not the day after that hurts - its the day after the day after!!

Get 2 weeks under our belt and you will be pulling up much less sore ad on our way to fitter and stronger!!

When I went to the gym, I had the same feeling! Now, I just play volleyball and go running. Saying that, I am a wimp lol

Tapatalk'd from my Note II part Tres

Man i love going to the gym. its my refuge from my day to day life. I go there and for an hour or two depending, its just me, my music and a whole bunch of heavy weights.

Congrats Steve for taking that first step and getting back in the gym

I have to say that any trainer that takes a newbie in the gym and works them out so hard the first day that you are that sore, isn't a trainer I'd want to continue with. That's a sure fire way to turn people off and or get them injured pushing their bodies before they're ready.

Having said that - good for you Oz on getting into the gym and taking the steps to get in shape. If you keep up with a regular routine, you'll know you've reached a good point when your body starts to crave that workout and you feel confident in pushing yourself harder.

Thanks for all the comments guys,much appreciated,I realise that I just have to get over the first couple of Humps surprised.gif

no pain no gain as they say ,It was the Lunges that were the killer blink.png

Oh and the fact i that i was having a heart attackbiggrin.png the defibrilator kit on the wall offered some Solace

over the years my body/Temple has well and truly trashed ,my body isn't necessarily fat just trashed and a bit worn out laugh.png

cheers all i will keep you posted wink.png

cheers OZcigar.gif

Completed the 1st week of Insanity, day 7 of 63.. Today is my well deserved rest day..

The workouts will kill you, you will sweat bucketful & you WILL be sore all over..

But the pain tastes so good..

You will be surprise how hard you can push yourself when you put your mind to it..

Look it up & try it if you dare.. Its not called Insanity for nothing..

Ps: This is not an informercial even though it sounds like one.. Lol..

Just a happy maniac, wish I found this out much earlier..

"No pain, no gain". Please toss that out the window brother before you hurt yourself. The pain should be a dull ache in the muscle only and not the joints and only the day after and the day after that. If something hurts you while you are lifting the weight in the gym, stop immediately.

Other than that, good luck and stick with it. Before long you will start seeing the gains, maybe not on the scale, but in your body comp. Good for you!

Completed the 1st week of Insanity, day 7 of 63.. Today is my well deserved rest day..

The workouts will kill you, you will sweat bucketful & you WILL be sore all over..

But the pain tastes so good..

You will be surprise how hard you can push yourself when you put your mind to it..

Look it up & try it if you dare.. Its not called Insanity for nothing..

Ps: This is not an informercial even though it sounds like one.. Lol..

Just a happy maniac, wish I found this out much earlier..

In answer to both,I have been sore very very sore ,in the legs ,must of been those Lunges

will need to have a word next time and get them put a proper program together,for my free visit i gained a lot of painshead.gif

It will gradually get better of that I am sure

cheers OZ

Congrats to ya brother. Wish the best in your health. Its better later than never. Ya I bit the bullet about a year ago and feel a lot healthier, stopped smoking cigarettes and lots of other bad habits. Life feels a lot better. It was rough at first but it's worth it

Hi all went back today had a session with the P/T

Have the lunges a miss this time LOL

Learned a bit more plus a real cool iPad app

Joined up $33 a month no contracts

Mad if you don't :-))

Hopefully pull up ok tomorrow this time

10:30 @night here still 30.c outside singlet /shorts/ tunes /beer Rum and a BBF

life is good

Nice! Yeah you have to break the barrier and just go for it. My first day was yesterday and it felt good once youre done.

Couldn't agree more Jorge feeling positive

Cheers and good luck to u as well

Good work!! Moderate that Beer and Rum

limited my self to one beer my rewardspotlight.gif