FOH Top Cigars of 2012 (unofficial)

The results are in! The poll thread closed today. Below are the favorite cigars of 2012 as voted by FOH members.

Thanks for participating. Take a look and keep the discussions civil please! lookaround.giflaugh.png

Some stats:

• 16 cigars qualified for voting. See original post for criteria.
  • 100 Members voted.
  • Poll was open for 7 days.
  • We have a tie for No 1 spot!

FOH's Top Cigars of 2012 (unofficial)

post-6763-0-29937000-1357938669_thumb.gi

Thankyou for your work on this, no arguement with the top three. I actually had a RA Extra last night, so so nice , I have not tried the half coronas yet but have one of those fiver tins. I finally have a box of 520' s in the mail so cant wait to try one. Hoyo Short Piramides just love them so I stocked up on a few box's. The Cohiba Pirimides extra have a box but have not cracked it yet . Have yet to to smoke a Serie E that has really done anythig special for me in the 45 mins it has taken, but I am still hoping. Monti Grand Reserva at $66 each could only get my hands on three, so waiting for an occasion. Serie 3 cracked one from the box and have not rushed back. Upmann EL 12 put a box out on new years eve and thay were just murdered in no time, can,t really recall whether I liked them or not , will just have to wait until I can pick up a stick or two.

Members have spoken I think it looks pretty good and thanks again for stats and discussion.

Thread title should be top cigars "released" in 2012, even if some were late 2011. Only justifiable reason so many LEs would make this list.

Would be interesting to see how the list would stack up if regular production was thrown in the mix and was an actual forum consensus as to what was smoking well in 2012, not just released last year. Seem to recall RASS winning last years title.

Thread title should be top cigars "released" in 2012, even if some were late 2011. Only justifiable reason so many LEs would make this list.

Would be interesting to see how the list would stack up if regular production was thrown in the mix and was an actual forum consensus as to what was smoking well in 2012, not just released last year. Seem to recall RASS winning last years title.

It was based on what was released late 2011, 2012. The 2012 releases were only a handful. Not much to do there. :) As for regular stock, that would be good, but there's way too many to list.

As it stands, this is what FOH members enjoyed the most out of the 2012 releases. I personally hated the RAE when it came out. It took about 5 sticks over time to get a feel for them. The first 1966 I smoked was very good, a bit too strong for my tastes. However, the subsequent ones I smoke 8 months after release were stellar. The HU RR was a sleeper hit. I've tried a few and enjoyed them. Lots of people here swore by them and started hoarding boxes whenever they could. :) The Partagas E2 was the biggest surprise for me at the No 7 position. Very underwhelming release but as it stands, many liked the flavour profile enough to vault it to that humble position.

It was a fun exercise. We should probably do more like it.