Blue swimmer crabs (manna crab)

westg

Love it, and have eaten all types. Never bought blue crab, these were caught this morning using drop nets.

When the water is clear we swim for them. Have an under water head cam (Xmas present).. Intend on posting some footage once I have some.

Oh, sooooooo good. Had these when in Myrtle Beach a few years back - from what I remember, yes, about 50% higher cost or so, with a very minimal catch season (only a month or so?). Again, from what I remember, the general rule was that they were caught by the boats, cooked/boiled almost immediate on the boats themselves, then brought to shore to the restaurants to be served cold and fresh within 24-36 hours or so. Came with a very unique dijon mayo dip or something too. I sooooooo love fresh and unique regional seafood! :daydream::drool::wub:

Yep Singapore Chilli crab, fried steamed buns ..not sure what actually called..and tiger beer..One of my favourite things in the world to eat.

Those buns are called mantou. They are great deep fried and dipped in condensed milk.