Punch "Sir Johns"

2012 Punch RE's Sir Johns via Germany. Hermosos #4 Vitola 48RG X 120MM Box 608 of 2000 Made. Box Code "LOE JUL 12" Early reports are these suckers need some aging. Will post review soon. I try and make it a point to smoke a stick ROTT from as many arrivals as possible. These days with the unseasonably warm weather and lack of many arrivals lookaround.gif its been easy.

If any have tried this cigar yet, please feel free to comment...

Last Pic is a box of H Upmann RR that arrived as well, had to throw it in, look at those wrappers!!THis cigar has been one of the better releases as of late, and i think Many of you agree. (see Franks Poll)

post-8534-0-41672200-1358206869_thumb.jp

post-8534-0-99142200-1358206881_thumb.jp

post-8534-0-43824100-1358206891_thumb.jp

post-8534-0-13934400-1358206901_thumb.jp

post-8534-0-21254100-1358206918_thumb.jp

post-8534-0-09408000-1358206939_thumb.jp

post-8534-0-16929300-1358206956_thumb.jp

Nice pickups! My box #53 is still patiently waiting for me in Germany. I had 5 singles and liked he first 4 very much while the 5th one seemed to be in a sick phase. They start out light but gradually build in body. Very nice! Plus you have to give them kudos for making an RE with a <50RG rolleyes.gif

Nice pickups! My box #53 is still patiently waiting for me in Germany. I had 5 singles and liked he first 4 very much while the 5th one seemed to be in a sick phase. They start out light but gradually build in body. Very nice! Plus you have to give them kudos for making an RE with a <50RG rolleyes.gif

Box # 53, Leave it to you Claus!! lol... I do agree I like the size, and looking forward to trying. Thanks for the input..

Thanks for the notes. I'd be interested in other opinions on this. I'll be in DE next month, but unfortunately won't be anywhere that will let me smoke... unless for some reason I find a place during my travels. So, I was thinking of buying a box of these blind....

Hi JThomas, we're abouts in Germany will you be? There is still quite a lot of places, Restaurants & Cafes that allow you to smoke in a separate smokers section. But it all comes down to the different States in Germany, in Bavaria for example they implemented a complete smoking ban, even Cigar Clubs are not allowed to smoke in their Club rooms anymore!

I only tried one Punch Sir John so far and it didn't blow me away but I'll try a few more before making up my mind. I can absolutely recommend the Bolivar Especialles No. 2! They're stellar smokes if you enjoy a slim n long smoke. I've go two boxes in the aging and so far enjoyed every single one I had! They're still widely available and come at pretty much the same price as the Sir John.

Another great smoke are the Juan Lopez Distinguidos but most likely you'll only find them in the Jar nowadays. Don't know how much space you've got left in your luggage...

Enjoy your trip and let us know how you liked it!

• 5 years later...