Cigars and tea

Wil

I'm very much into Chinese Teas. One you must try is Pu-Erh tea, this teas if from Yunan province in China and is pressed into cakes, disc and bricks and then aged. Pu-Erh is quite unlike any tea you would have tried, it comes in Raw and "Cooked" and the best of them are extremely smooth with a leathery taste and much, much more. The price of them goes up with age, I have seen some cakes that are thousands of dollars (357g).

Then there is the huge world of Chinese Oolong teas, many from the fujian province, these range from teas that are almost like Green to ones that are almost like black. Again like Pu-Erh the best of these teas are extremely expensive but one can still get good stuff for a reasonable price.

Then there are White Tea, Green Tea, Red Tea (this is what Chinese call Black Tea).

Anyway look up Chinese Tea culture and see how they make tea Gung-Fu method of making tea is the best IMO so look it up.

• Like 1

I love Darjeeling tea especially first flush. And it makes a great iced tea as well. I usually get my tea from this site : http://camellia-sinensis.com/en/

Great selection. I've been buying from them for close to 10 years and got to know them. Each one of the owners has a specialty tea. Each year they go and try each tea before importing. Very nice quality.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've recently made a bit of a switch to tea.

I've been drinking green tea with lemon flavour in it and then put in a tea spoon of manuka honey, no sugar, no milk, just a little splash of cold water to bring it to a good temp and bam, you've got a liquid vicks vapour drop.

Haven't had a cigar with that though but I have had a Monte 2 with this Dilmah tea that is rose and vanilla flavoured.

I know, sounds a little girly but I love anything that smells or tastes like a Turkish delight and this does.

Went really well with the Monte I thought.

• 3 months later...

I've recently made a bit of a switch to tea.

I've been drinking green tea with lemon flavour in it and then put in a tea spoon of manuka honey, no sugar, no milk, just a little splash of cold water to bring it to a good temp and bam, you've got a liquid vicks vapour drop.

Haven't had a cigar with that though but I have had a Monte 2 with this Dilmah tea that is rose and vanilla flavoured.

I know, sounds a little girly but I love anything that smells or tastes like a Turkish delight and this does.

Went really well with the Monte I thought.

I do the same but use green tea and a squeeze of lemon/manuka honey

• 2 weeks later...

Since I have liked everything you've written, I will take your advice and eat kimchi with my cigar.

LOL for all of us who are familiar with kimchi!

Teawise I am in to strong black teas right now particularly Assam and English Breakfast although I am yet to try either with a cigar.