With all the "Top cigars" lists behind us and the lamentation over the LE's and high end products hogging all the accolades. I thought I'd get a thread going where people can sing the praises of good, regular production CC's. smile.png

So, here's what I have in mind.

Post the cigar, box code and a few words about why you think this cigar is smoking well at the moment or the past few months, years, etc.

Let's stick to regular production only. No LE's, RE's or special releases( CGR, MGR, etc)

I'm hoping this can be a good reference for people looking for quality regular production releases.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RyJ Cazadores TAU JUN 11 - Stellar cigars that are smoking great right now. Creamy dark espresso, Meaty, smooth, thick smoke and a little salty.

Montecristo Petit Edmundo TGU MAR 09 - After more than a year in the humidor these cigars taste of slightly sweet heavy cream, espresso and wood.

5436978004_4e0065c275_z.jpg

RyJ Short Churchill AST OCT 09 - Surreal smoking experience from a box of 10. Sweet tobacco, graham cracker and a spicy nougat core. Sensational cigar that have all be 94+ point in my book. I only have two left.

5539325354_d498a7fe63_z.jpg

RyJ Cazadores TAU JUN 11 - Stellar cigars that are smoking great right now. Creamy dark espresso, Mmaty, smooth, thick smoke and a little salty.

Montecristo Petit Edmundo TGU MAR 09 - After more than a year in the humidor these cigars taste of slightly sweet heavy cream, espresso and wood.

5436978004_4e0065c275_z.jpg

RyJ Short Churchill AST OCT 09 - Surreal smoking experience from a box of 10. Sweet tobacco, graham cracker and a spicy nougat core. Sensational cigar that have all be 94+ point in my book. I only have two left.

5539325354_d498a7fe63_z.jpg

Funny. I have the TGU 09 and they do smoke great! I also have 2 boxes of 06, must be the first year of production. Not even close. The 09 blow away the 06. Almost like the 06 was a different blend.

Don't smoke many recent cigars, but very impressed with Partagas Presedentes SAR FEB 12. Strong, peppery & nice draw with an even burn. Best post 95 ones I've had. Older? Absolutely loving REC OCT 01 RyJ Cazadores. Recently opened the box. Very strong & the age has given these a complexity not normally found in this cigar.

Great to see RJ getting a little love.. Coincidentally enough I smoked an 10" Cazzy this weekend, it was a stellar spice bomb. Even with the few years on them still packing a punch. Flavor profile like nothing else out there...

PSD4 from oct 10. my first czar hq purchase. They are absolutly glorious right now. i'm trying to let them age more. My RASS and Rassc from 2010 are epic as well

POL MAR 11 Partagas Serie D No.4 - rich, earth and spice - glorious

POL FEB 11 Partagas Seie P no.2 - medium earth, medium spice, no obnoxiousness

POL FEB 11 Ramon Allones Gigantes - perfection of stewed fruit compote

POL OCT 10 Quai d'Orsay Imperiales - perfect example of modern QdO - rich in flavor, medium body, light citrus, earth and pepper all packed in a gorgeous Churchill

OUS MAR/ABR 10 Trinidad Robustos Extra - cream and herbed butter - perfect construction, delicious cigars

USE JUL/OCT 08 Magnum 50 - cookie dough, roasted almond with light cedar - a classic

Punch Royal Selection no.12 OPM OCT 09 - perfection of Punch, with wood and cherry cordial.

An aged cigar goes to Partagas Serie du Connaisseur no.2 LSM JUL/AGO 07 - with a jalapeno pepper flavors and sweet and spicy core with earth.

Vintage goes to Punch Monarcas from 1998 SSU VC-3 - the symphony of Punch

post-5161-0-48019600-1358316922_thumb.jp

POL MAR 11 Partagas Serie D No.4 - rich, earth and spice - glorious

POL FEB 11 Partagas Seie P no.2 - medium earth, medium spice, no obnoxiousness

POL FEB 11 Ramon Allones Gigantes - perfection of stewed fruit compote

POL OCT 10 Quai d'Orsay Imperiales - perfect example of modern QdO - rich in flavor, medium body, light citrus, earth and pepper all packed in a gorgeous Churchill

OUS MAR/ABR 10 Trinidad Robustos Extra - cream and herbed butter - perfect construction, delicious cigars

USE JUL/OCT 08 Magnum 50 - cookie dough, roasted almond with light cedar - a classic

Punch Royal Selection no.12 OPM OCT 12 - perfection of Punch, with wood and cherry cordial.

An aged cigar goes to Partagas Serie du Connaisseur no.2 LSM JUL/AGO 07 - with a jalapeno pepper flavors and sweet and spicy core with earth.

Vintage goes to Punch Monarcas from 1998 SSU VC-3 - the symphony of Punch

post-5161-0-48019600-1358316922_thumb.jp

Odd to see a 2012 year box code on a Punch RS12. they were discontinued back in 2010.

Smo Mar 12 Psd4. creamy SD4 Goodness. pirates booty stock (czar).

Smoked a whole Box of 10 D4s from SMO ABR 12. Strong, creamy, spicy, great. Fantastic cigars!

Does anyone know how important the Factory Code is?

I have one box LEM MAR12 and one OSR ABR12 and wonder if they are as good as SMO?

PSD4 : OSR ABR 12 box 10 is what I got, oily, sheen dark wrapper and smoke great.

Got 2 25 box , just dark, rustic (rough chocolate) wrapper but smell great and smoke great but less body. The oily contributed to the body/strength?

10 box count better appearance than 25 box count in my opion for the PSD4

What are the box codes of your PSD4? Ones I have are all terrible ranging in years from 2008 to 2011...

I have an awesome SD4 25 box PER FEB 11 that is, and i'll use that word again, awesome! Full of that peppery goodness!

Monte 2's MLO JUL 11 - a PSP box that is astonishingly good. Very oily and full of chocolate, cream and tobacco flavours. I'm trying hard to leave them alone but have had 3 so far. I'll be leaving the rest for special occasions. Not sure how successful I'll be though.

Boli RCs MUR MAY 12 - going through these very quickly as they are special, but I have designated them as my 'go to' stick. I was surprised they'd be so good being so young but when I opened the box it was like stepping into a cow shed. Full of manure and hay. They are very very good.

Parti 898's from ABR11 - discarded the cardboard box and lost the factory code but the two i've smoked so far were beautifully rich and tested my staying power. would recommend not smoking these with scotch as I went too hard on the drink and had trouble keeping from greening out. I think the next one I'll smoke with a bottle of red. I have to thank Ken for the recommendation to try the 898's, his advice was spot on!

Epi 2's RBA NOV 11 - have been very very good. I have been powering through these but really need to find something else to smoke regularly before I finish them.