I'm going with SC El Principe. Has been good relatively young. Also a vote for Trinidad Reyes and H Upmann Half Coronas. All 3 have been pretty consistent,especially when young. (2011stock) and time should treat them well if you plan to stock a box or two in your humidor

Agree with the above about current Bolivar PCs having a rough edge. I have a box from 2011 that when sampled early where fantastic. However, they quickly entered a sick phase and still seem to be in it. I'm guessing another year or 2 til I approach them again.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just opened Bolivar Corona Gigantes POL DIC 10. Based on the first cigar only, hoping for very good things. Fairly strong, rich flavor. Very smooth. Missing the intense earthiness of the 03s (finishing up my 4th & final box of those) but MUCH better than my 06 BCGs which really had little Bolivar flavor. I'd be curious to try the 2012 production, but I have so many 2011 PCs & CJs my new cigar math is BPC + BCJ = BCG.smartass.gif

Qdo coronas OGA NOV 11

These have been on my to buy list forever. Whenever I place an order I just overlook them. I have two singles left. One from 05 and one from 08. I will smoke one this weekend and hopefully they push me over the edge to get a box.

These have been on my to buy list forever. Whenever I place an order I just overlook them. I have two singles left. One from 05 and one from 08. I will smoke one this weekend and hopefully they push me over the edge to get a box.

Hi srsMichael,

I think now is a good time to pull the trigger on the QdO coronas. I bought a couple singles from the Czar last summer, both were wonderful toasted tobacco and honey. I put in an order for two boxes straight away. It is rare when I can get to CC's to be so consistently good in their flavor profile, so that spoke to me about the quality of the QdO. By the way, both boxes I bought were OGA NOV 11, and they look lovely, but I am waiting for winter to pass before I try one.

Good luck with your decisions and happy smoking,

Curtiss

Hi srsMichael,

I think now is a good time to pull the trigger on the QdO coronas. I bought a couple singles from the Czar last summer, both were wonderful toasted tobacco and honey. I put in an order for two boxes straight away. It is rare when I can get to CC's to be so consistently good in their flavor profile, so that spoke to me about the quality of the QdO. By the way, both boxes I bought were OGA NOV 11, and they look lovely, but I am waiting for winter to pass before I try one.

Curtiss

Thanks Curtiss. I am hunting some monte 520's and royal robustos first! After those the QdO Coronas will be my next regular production purchase. Cant go wrong with them! One of the first cubans that really turned me on to the dark side!

• 3 weeks later...

Box of HQ RASCC i just received from Oct12, smoked 2, couldnt resist are awesome. Rich, med/full- full, pure RA, dark on the back half but that'll clear up soon. Very promising.

Hi srsMichael,

Curtiss

Well I caved. I bought two boxes since I was down to one single from 2005.

post-6619-0-47303100-1362771899_thumb.jpI have really been liking and cannot stay out of them, CORO SUB SEP 11..