Track your progress during the fat bastard competition

First off, good luck to everyone. Should be a fun time watching everyone's progression

I thought it would be equally fun to see what people are doing to get the weight off.

Today, I did 1/2 hour of cardio on the Eliptical. Burnt 403 calories. Hit the weights and did chest, back and abs.

What did you do today?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

althought not in the comp. yesterday i did about 10 mins of bike to warm up, then did 5 different shoulder exercises, and 3 calf exercises. Shoulders like boulders bro

First off, good luck to everyone. Should be a fun time watching everyone's progression

I thought it would be equally fun to see what people are doing to get the weight off.

Today, I did 1/2 hour of cardio on the Eliptical. Burnt 403 calories. Hit the weights and did chest, back and abs.

What did you do today?

Have given up wine for 4 months. Today was day one.

......tell me today is over?....please someone tell me....

Day one of Trying a new Gym, closer to where I live so the hope is ill go more.

40 mins on the hamster wheel, 4.5km and 3sets of bench press, flys and shoulder presses.

Being the least fit person in the room...... Priceless!

Back to the gym to hit the weights,cut out dairy,grains,bread,sugar, cut back on the booze(ouch) I've also been doing a work out plan called DDP.It's kind of a man style of yoga.Taking yoga moves but doing them in a more manly way.No touchy feely stuff.

Going to Dominican Republic in a couple weeks so that will be a setback.

Not off to a good start..

Started the morning with a kopi and one of these:

post-1537-0-43115500-1358786815_thumb.jp

Then had wonton noodles with prawns and fried radish cake for lunch:

post-1537-0-87509400-1358786752_thumb.jp

post-1537-0-16900300-1358786784_thumb.jp

Dinner was fried salty egg chicken, chinese broccoli with prawns and salt & pepper pork ribs.

post-1537-0-94368600-1358786722_thumb.jp

post-1537-0-76627300-1358786698_thumb.jp

I really don't think the rest of the vacation is going to be any different...

Substituted a ham cheese and tomato toastie for a bowl of yoghurt, strawberries, muesli and nuts every morning.

As for moving around......

There's a mountain in a national park near me than even kangaroos can't be arsed scaling but I ran up it without stopping

and scared the wildlife at the top with my screams of agony.

Legs are killing me today but I'm gonna tackle it again.

Baby steps! Provided that baby is a GIANT! haha

I'm cutting out sodas and processed foods. Sticking to a diet of whole grain bread, tuna fish, grilled chicken, salmon, salads, and almonds. Probably the most difficult thing to give up is ketchup lmao.

Huge leg day at the gym today, 5 sets of box squats, 5 sets of romanian deadlifts, 5 sets of one legged legpress, 4 sets of leg extensions, 4 sets of laying leg curls and did abs as well, 3 sets of hagning leg raise, weighted crunch and side planks.

Hit the arms pretty hard today - about 200 reps across three different exercises: 1) bicep curling cigars to my mouth 2) bicep curling cuba libre to my mouth 3) triceps workout opening and closing cigar boxes as well as hitting my lats a bit opening and closing the fridge.

Didnt have a digital calorie display on any of the exercises but id guess somewhere around a million calories burned probably

...Good start!! party.gif

Had 4 eggs for breakfast, unfortunately a big lunch. Was doing a clinical rotation across town and lunch didn't do me any favors. I'm going to be on the treadmill a little more tonight. I'm shooting for 1.5 hrs to make up for this crappy lunch.

omlette for breakfast and then hit the gym to do PlyometricsX from the P90X program. Needless to say, I took longer to complete it than the allotted time. Took many breaks but got through it. It is an ass kicker for sure.

Now, recovery drink and protein shake for lunch. Chicken and peppers tonight for dinner.

Today...had onion rings for lunch today. Lots of them.

Yesterday...decided to cancel my workout...ate a pepperoni pizza instead. Worked at cleaning out the garage for an hour. Got about 25% done. Rewarded myself with a steak dinner.

Sunday...skipped boot camp, skipped church and decided to sleep in. It was all about the NFL Division Championship games today. Had half a pack of bacon for brunch with a bagel and a fried egg. Drank tons of beer and ate chips, wings and tons of Mexican food while watching the games. Finished the night with some ice cream before bed.

Saturday...A quick McDonald's drive-thru breakfast while rushing my daughter to dance class. Skipped lunch. Had a huge Korean BBQ dinner @ a friend's house and smoke a few cigars in unseasonably warm winter weather. Did get some exercise in - threw about 10 passes to my son before dinner started.

This dieting thing is much easier than I thought...

Went to the gym for the first time since the end of last summer...ugh. I lasted about 15 minutes jogging on the treadmill (without a break) and 10 minutes on a stairmaster. One great thing about going to the gym again is you really begin to appreciate what it takes to burn calories. Definitely watching what I eat now!