Going to Punta Cana next week.Anyone been there? There's a shop called Don Lucas.From all I can tell it's supposed to be pretty good,they have some rollers,free samples,rum and the like.They will pick us up at the resort for a tour. Anyone been there?

Yup.......went a couple times last time i was there. Large humidor, great samples. They sell cubans, their own cigars and the big name doms. Unfortunately no deals on cubans or Fuentes. Really a fun afternoon.

Been to Punta but didnt visit that shop. Did see a number of fakes elsewhere tho, so beware.

Amazing how different your view of the country is once you get out of the security of your resort.

Took a detour on a horse ride for a few miles, off the trail the guide wanted us to stay on -

the conditions the people in live is dreadful, but worth seeing for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Dominican is safe, dont buy the hype of not leaving the resort. Do yourself a favor, rent a car for your stay, come and go as you please, enjoy the locals/towns, be smart, youll be fine. I have travelled many times to and in the DR, never do i go without getting a vehicle.

6 couples robbed? 10 people together robbed? Very interesting. I stand by my claim, ive been far too many times the DR is a safe place to travel. Once you experience roaming around it'll never be the same any other way