AUSTRALIA DAY

With Australia day on this Saturday just wondering what on the menu, he's mind

Food: Pies, chunky steak, mushy pea, steak& mushroom, Chicken& leak

Beer:Carlton drought& VB

Music:Inxs & Chisel

Cigars: PD4

Have a great one!

I thought VB was like Fosters, something that Australians only pretended to drink but was really bought by tourists?

I'll raise a Bottle of Coopers and a glass of bundy (accompanied by a glass of santagio & caney) to "Australia Fair"

P.S. There's no mention of a Barbie in your menu, let alone shrimps being thrown on it

P.P.S. my fondness for Australia goes out the window for the durations of the lions tour!!

I'm getting up at 5am and putting on a pork shoulder for pulled pork. rain, hail or shine....I'm really just doing this because its the weekend and my last attempt wasn't good enough. Without getting too deep, I'll celebrate our wonderful multicultural country and nothing my teachers taught me about our supposed better 'British Rule'

I'll listen to rap music and drink import beer and smoke import cigars. party.gif

I thought VB was like Fosters, something that Australians only pretended to drink but was really bought by tourists?

Wash your mouth out!

Seriously though, it's probably the biggest selling beer in Victoria, which is without question the greatest state of all :P

It's a bit like Vegemite - if you haven't grown up with it you'll probably think it tastes like... Not very nice. If you grew up with it, there's nothin better than an ice cold VB when you get home from work. From a stubby of course ;)

Wash your mouth out!

Seriously though, it's probably the biggest selling beer in Victoria, which is without question the greatest state of all tongue.png

It's a bit like Vegemite - if you haven't grown up with it you'll probably think it tastes like... Not very nice. If you grew up with it, there's nothin better than an ice cold VB when you get home from work. From a stubby of course wink.png

Love the old Vic Bitter ads from the 80's.

My favourite beer while I was in AUS was Boag's Premium. Unfortunately, it's not easy to find outside of Tassie. When Boag's wasn't available I drank Hahn Premium (and lots of it! party.gif ).

In my personal opinion it should be, but there are those that genuinely love the stuff.

I'm getting up at 5am and putting on a pork shoulder for pulled pork. rain, hail or shine....

I'll listen to rap music and drink import beer and smoke import cigars. party.gif

I like your style!

My favourite beer while I was in AUS was Boag's Premium. Unfortunately, it's not easy to find outside of Tassie. When Boag's wasn't available I drank Hahn Premium (and lots of it! party.gif ).

Boag's is quite redily available now (at least in Vic it is). Hahn, I'll drink it if its all that's available.

As for what I'll be doing, during the first half of the day I'll be running around doing errands.

Don't think I'll get the time to fire the bbq up (I'll do it Sunday I guess...) but I might get sunk into some Fat Yak (now there's a good beer :)), followed by cigars/whisky/poker at a mates place.

I might get sunk into some Fat Yak (now there's a good beer smile.png)

Yuck! The NZ Sauv Blanc of beers! Give me a VB any day :P Must say I have a lot of trouble with Australian and American pale ales - way too hoppy for me. Much prefer the malt-driven English styles.

We'll be having a BBQ, playing some cricket and enjoying a few beers. Always a good day.

I'm at work, so someone will be cooking a BBQ for me, JJJ will be on the radio and the beverage of choice will be 100% halal water. Have a Monte No4 with me on site so might fire that up on the night, hopefully it's not a dud.

Next week i have 4 boxes due to arrive at my door from the Czar. Where's the support/rehab group for impulse cigar shoppers and czar-a-holics?

What else than some Lamb on BBQ and a h upmann royal robusto.

Warren i am going to quote you and say that cigar is roast lamb material.

oh and beer of choice for this day is the Mountain goat rare breed IPA.

That beer is viscous and so is the cigar, the lamb has strong flavour.

And no way will u see aussie mud water at my BBQ. I am reffering to fosters, VB and carlton draught

Will visit my old man in the morning and listen to the early news and having a fine smoke ( 2008 Sublime or BHK52) with VB?, usually we have some cognac but will have a VB this time. Then head home to take wife and kid for lunch ( yum cha ). Then family gathering @Crown Conversatory in the late evening.

That's all Australian Day for me