urufu

Montecarlos vs Half Coronas

Por Larranga Montecarlos vs H. Upmann Half Corona  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Your choice?

• Por Larranaga Montecarlos
    • H. Upmann Half Coronas

PL Montecarlos - consistency - rolled at the same factory for years, excellent construction and taste, age well, alluring size

Montecarlos. The reasons are taste and a size that gives a nice concentration to flavours. The Half Coronas I don't even like the taste of...

Montecarlos on and on. Its the defiantly the taste you can smoke them if they are young or if you get them with a few age on it.. Half Coronas are good, but not a big involvement. Had a box from 2011 and they taste as they taste.

Well its more about if you like the skinnies or the bigger rg.

PLPs, but seeing how you guys like MC so much, I will have to look for some. So hard to track these down now. looking.gif

Montecarlos! As with others, it's a staple in my humidor and has been a go-to cigar for some time now. Never had an aged one, but fresh they are fantastic already. Have a tin of the Upmann's, they're a nice quick smoke, but that's all. Montecarlos are something special.

Another vote for the Montecarlos - some lovely flavours from these sticks

But as mentioned a BIG factor is ring guage. I know when I first had montecarlos they were pretty much the skinniest cigars I had smoked and the first couple were disappointing. But it was more to do with my smoking technique... you really need to slow down and "sip" on these small RG cigars imho.

So if looking for a decent quick smoke go the half coronas, because you wont enjoy sucking down a quick montecarlo because it will taste like arse smartass.gif

The Montecarlos is, regardless of price point, one of my favorite cigars. The half coronas I have tried are good, but, like others here have mentioned, I view them as more of a convenience than a serious sit down smoke. I don't smoke nearly as much as some of the other guys here, so when I do I want it to really be something special. The Montecarlos does that for me every time.

2 very different flavour profiles so it would depend on what you were looking for. Delicate flavours of caramel, cedar and floral notes would lean towards the PL Monteclaros. More richer, earthy, cedar, leather and cream flavours would denote the H Upmann Half coronas

No need to decide. Just get both!!!!! :)

• Like 2

PL Montecarlos for me, although both are difficult to get your hands on, at least from my regular haunts.

Montecarlos, because they are a fantastic cigar, and also because I hate "half" cigars. What was wrong with the other half?

• Like 1

2 very different flavour profiles so it would depend on what you were looking for. Delicate flavours of caramel, cedar and floral notes would lean towards the PL Monteclaros. More richer, earthy, cedar, leather and cream flavours would denote the H Upmann Half coronas

No need to decide. Just get both!!!!! smile.png

What Art said.

This is an interesting topic. Oddly enough I've got a box of Pls in the air and have been agonizing over getting a box of the half coronas. I normally wouldn't think twice about it but I've been buying pretty hard lately and told myself Id take a break. Hmmmmm.....

Montecarlos..... excellent price, quality, flavour and size.... great value!!!

No need to decide. Just get both!!!!! smile.png

I did lol. and honestly I love them both for their value and smoke time. I'll usually save a Montecarlo isf i've ha a heavy tasting lunch, and a half corona if i've had a light lunch or if i'm going to have the first cofee of the morning.

The other good thing with the montecarlo, is that they don't require years to be approachable

sent while mobile....