Picked up a fresh bottle of Balvenie.

ptrthgr8

The local shop hasn't had the 14 year old Carribean in a long time, so I had to pick up a bottle while I could. Nothing wrong with adding another bottle of Balvenie to the booze cabinet. :)

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

9u3apyma.jpg

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

They're sorta blocked in the pic, but there's a bottle of Laphroaig 18 on the left and a bottle of Glenfiddich 18 on the right. But, yeah, Balvenie is my fave distillery. Fo sho.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

How's the Madeira Cask? Never had a chance to try it. Here is what I picked up yesterday for my birthday (you have one guess for my birth year) tongue.png

post-7384-0-50936400-1359781962_thumb.jp

post-7384-0-10348300-1359781970_thumb.jp

I have a bottle of the 15 darkest Claus and I love it. Hope you enjoy it!

Somehow I managed to mostly skip Bowmore in the past - not on purpose, it just never came to mind to pick some up. Then I couldn't resist a bottle of the Legend (no age statement) for $23.99 and what do you know - it's great. Beats any other Single Malt in that price range and up to $35, IMO. Now I got this for comparison :)

Take it that the Bowmore has no e150a then. Looks really interesting

I wouldn't be so sure... in Germany they have to declare all artificial colorings on the bottles and when I browsed the duty-free I was shocked by how few single malts (even very expensive ones) were not colored sad.png

Edit: I confirmed - the Bowmore 15 has caramel coloring added, the Ardbeg does not.

How's the Madeira Cask? Never had a chance to try it.

It's good - no such thing as a bad Balvenie - but it seems a little on the sweeter side to me. I like the 15 year single barrel a bit better and the 17 year Doublewood a lot better. It's worth having the Madeira in the cabinet, though. :)

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

• 3 months later...

For the price its hard to beat the value of the Balvanie double wood. I enjoy the Caribbean cask as well but not sure if it is worth the premium (to me anyways).

How is the portwood? Been eye that recently but never tried.

• 2 weeks later...

Let us know what you think Mr. T

Well, I gave this a try the other night and was impressed. I drank it neat, but will try a drop of water on the next try to see if that opens up any more falvors. I thought it was well balanced and rounded with enough maltiness, but I got a real fruity punch from it...almost like pineapplor or passion fruit.