Official Montreal Winter Herf 2013 Thread (Info and Registration)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol there was one left and it was already claimed. I did find the ardberg uoloeleleiel or whatever for 84+tax

That is not a good price - KL Wines has it for under $60.

Saq has it for 147,50$ CDN!!!

This is the same situation with the cigars on other forums. Folks moan about gouging each other over $25-50 profit or whatever on flipping a box of cigars. They should come up here and try a 250% tax mark up.

As a noob, I was tempted to go to my first HERF. But now that I see what people are bringing, I know my noob selection (almost all NC) wouldn't compete.

I'll read your posts on sunday. Have a great one, hopefully next year I'll have a better stash.

Attending the HERF is by no means qualified by how many or which cigars you own. You attend to meet and have fun with other cigar enthusiasts in your area. I highly recommend you reach out and find out if you can attend. This is not meant to be an exclusive event for cigar snobs, quite to opposite.

As a noob, I was tempted to go to my first HERF. But now that I see what people are bringing, I know my noob selection (almost all NC) wouldn't compete.

I'll read your posts on sunday. Have a great one, hopefully next year I'll have a better stash.

Hey Jazz, it isn't about what you smoke or what you bring, it is about enjoying a moment with fellow aficonados.

No judgement, no stress just fun, laughs and cigars. I can see how this can get intimidating but people are just showing what they are bringing to trade and get the momentum going. Show up I will make sure you have something great to smoke.

I am Simon btw, nice to meet you!

Hey Jazz, it isn't about what you smoke or what you bring, it is about enjoying a moment with fellow aficonados.

No judgement, no stress just fun, laughs and cigars. I can see how this can get intimidating but people are just showing what they are bringing to trade and get the momentum going. Show up I will make sure you have something great to smoke.

I am Simon btw, nice to meet you!

Hi. I guess I'm not familiar enough with the concept. You go to meet people, some do trades and you need to bring sticks for a raffle?

Nice to meet you, I'm JS

Hi. I guess I'm not familiar enough with the concept. You go to meet people, some do trades and you need to bring sticks for a raffle?

Nice to meet you, I'm JS

You don't need to bring sticks for the raffles. It's not mandatory. Just come out for some smokes, drinks and meet / greet. You'll have a good time.

ATTN: Toronto folks going to MTL. The clock moves forward this weekend 1 hour on Saturday @ 2AM.

Remember to set your clocks. Especially if you're catching a flight out Sunday. :)

Listen mister, that was the first alcohol I have bought myself since I stopped drinking, take it easy on me tongue.png

Alright, I'll cut you some slack.... but just this once :P