Smoke To Live or Live To Smoke

I can, and often have, gone weeks or months without smoking a cigar ("regular" for me is one or two cigars a week). I always feel like I pick up where I've left off, enjoying and appreciating them just as much (perhaps even a bit more) after a prolonged layoff.

Taking extraordinary situations (e.g. a cigar get together) out of the equation, I'm wondering if members feel more measured in their smoking and appreciation - smoke to live, or tend to smoke more by rote - "It's five o'clock, time for a cigar" - live to smoke....?

I'm not a habitual smoker in that I don't require a daily cigar. There are many times where I had the opportunity to light up, nice weather, free schedule, the woman not nagging me. :lookaround: but then I just didn't feel like it. And that was OK. I do enjoy it more when I've taken a break from it.

When I'm on vacation though, it's a different story. In Paris I was having 1/day. In Havana 5-7/day and recently in Mexico 1-2 /day.

Neither. They are only cigars. I can live without them and I absolutely hate scheduling an enjoyable and relaxing activity.

I agree. I do however go through those phases where ill be smoking a lot and be really into cigars, then there are times when I go months without a cigar like you Colt. Weird but I dont live by or smoke by anything, I just smoke one whenever I feel like I want one or when the time is right.

What with one thing and another, I think I've had only two cigars in the last four or five months. I enjoyed the bejeebers out of them and am looking forward to the next one . . . I just have no idea when it will be. Guess that puts me on the smoke to live side. Maybe worse is lately a few times I've thought, "This would be a great afternoon for a cigar." Then I get sidetracked and forget all about it and don't miss it.

I smoke just about everyday when it's warm out but I'm the winter months I go down to 1-3 a week. I went two weeks without smoking simply because it was too cold out. I like to smoke when I have when I have free time inbetween doing homework and going to class.

deep like a kiddie pool biggrin.png

Look, just 10 minutes ago I spelled BOOBS on my calculator at work, yes this too deep.

I've disciplined myself to smoke to live, basically. The Friday evening drive home from work is my cigar time, I'll also throw in a Sunday afternoon smoke in the backyard if the weather's nice. That's my ritual. I've found that I don't enjoy a cigar as much if I smoke them two days in a row and if I miss a Friday smoke I do find myself thinking about them more frequently. But I'm definitely in control as to when I'm smoking.

The longest I've gone without a cigar? Probably 2 weeks and just because I was on vacation and my stash wasn't available.

I don't know if I smoke to live, or live to smoke. I almost always come home from work (M-F) and light up a non CC robusto and mix a Cuba Libre, or two, or three before dinner. Then, on the weekends, I'll smoke at least two per day. If I can find the tiniest excuse to burn a CC, I will. Excuses to burn a CC range from a very bad day at work to some type of special athletic event, usually involving my Ole Miss Rebels or New Orleans Saints. But my budget just won't allow me to do that very often. So, would that be smoking to live, or living to smoke? I think both.

My cigar time usually helps me keep my sanity from a very stressful job. So, maybe I smoke to live. All I know is, I absolutely love cigars. Especially Cuban Cigars. I look forward to my cigar time every, and I mean every, day.