Original 2010 BHK's. Are they the pinnacle of the release?

BHK Best of.  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Might be better if I responded to this thread in another 3-5 years when I open to sample by BHK's from 2010. Lol.

I have sampled some from all three years and to me the 2010's have been by far the best. I've only smoked the 52 and 54 from 2010, but all three from 2011 and 2012.

Like Diamondog, I smoke the more recent BHK's as I do not want to open or touch any of the 15 boxes of BHK's that I have from early 2010. When I sampled the 52 and 54 in 2010, I had a feeling these would be special and decided to stock up. I have five boxes of each size dating from March to May of 2010 between the 15 boxes.

In another 3-5 years I think the 52 will be extremely good and the same for the 54 a few years to follow. As for the 56, I probably would not consider touching them for another 10 years. I may smoke one when they get to seven or eight years to see how they are coming along.

I really believe the BHK's will not peak until they are almost 10 years of age on them.

Behike are rolled at El Laguio and Partagas. in Partagas there were (not sure this is still the case) 20 hand selected rollers who roll it and they have a specific blend manager to ensure they are done properly. All Behike produced at Partagas are shipped back to El Laguito for boxing.

El laguito has a very small production capacity. They simply can't produce all Behike to meet demand.

As for the different years. I think it is a bit early to determine. I would like to see 2011 and 2012 in a few years time.

Personally I love the 52 and 54 with the 56 never really appealling. Then again, mates like Artie believe the 56 is the pick of them and he is a major lover. I had a text the other night from another who extolled the virtues of the 56 he was smoking at the time.

You have to take your hats off to Habanos on this one. They screw plenty of things up but the Behike has been a stunning success story.

Personally I love the 52 and 54 with the 56 never really appealling. Then again, mates like Artie believe the 56 is the pick of them and he is a major lover. I had a text the other night from another who extolled the virtues of the 56 he was smoking at the time.

You have to take your hats off to Habanos on this one. They screw plenty of things up but the Behike has been a stunning success story.

I've found the 54 to be the best off the bench. The 52 hasn't really impressed me. I do think the 56's hold the most "promise" in terms of aging. I've had a few very fresh and then again 6mos and 1 year later and have noticed a definite evolution and improvement. IMO, the 56 is the "Champagne" of the three and should yield great results for those patient enough to let them sleep for years. And you're right, this is a definite success story for Habanos. There's a love/hate thing going on with the BHK line but people are definitely talking about them and enough are buying them to warrant offloading rolling work to other factories.