Anthony Bourdain and Andrew Zimmern

dangolf18

I've watched the first two episodes of Parts Unknown. Not sure what you guys think, but it's pretty crappy. Not as organic and fun as No Reservations. I thought the Layover was pretty good, but it seems like Bourdain has basically sold out by switching to CNN. Very disappointed.

I remember hearing in an interview that he was fed up with Food Network and CNN gave him more money and freedom.

Personally loved all of his older shows but haven't had a chance to see his new stuff.

My brother (Hank Shaw) is the author of a few books on hunting and cooking. He took Zimmern out quail hunting and cooked dove hearts on the episode last week.

Apparently Zimmern is a great guy but the whole production process was quite tedious.

• 2 weeks later...

I've watched the first two episodes of Parts Unknown. Not sure what you guys think, but it's pretty crappy. Not as organic and fun as No Reservations. I thought the Layover was pretty good, but it seems like Bourdain has basically sold out by switching to CNN. Very disappointed.

I agree, it's pretty much phoned in compared to his other shows. It's very unorganized and never seems to have a main focus so far. It like he's just getting CNN to pay for his vacations and he could care less about anything else.

• 1 year later...

Any fans of Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations and Andrew Zimmern's Bizarre foods. I've seriously watched every episode of both shows.

A.B. IS THE MAN.......I DO ENJOY BOTH SHOWS VERY MUCHok.gif

Love Bizarre Foods!

It happens to be on right when I walk in from work. I usually watch it while eating dinner (LOL kinda odd right?).

I don't watch Bourdain's show as much, however he is a big UFC fan and goes to many of the live events. I am a

big UFC fan as well and see him there all the time. Also, his wife is a bad arse Jiu Jitsu player. I believe she may even be a Black

Belt.

I know there was a short doc made on her, with some appearances from him. It may have been done by Fightland, a branch

of "Vice" regarding all combat sports.

Was a good watch.