Best meal you've had (or the best restaurant you've been to)

dangolf18

This thread is totally a can of worms for me, To save writing a novel I'll go with recent experiences..

Visit to Melbourne a month ago I picked very carefully and ate at both the DOC pizzeria and Movida Aqui.. The service, Drinks and food.. Exceptional.

I ate more than I normally would have, And when I do get to go out generally speaking I already make a glutton of myself.

So damn good. Major chef envy leaving Melbourne after that.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My favorite..uni at jiros

A few years ago, my wife, who is a food and beverage photographer, was hired to shoot Garret Oliver, head brew master of Brooklyn Brewery, by a Belgian beer magazine.  Since the writer did not know Ma

Wendy's double with cheese with everything, fries, and a frosty.

Had it tonight.  11 course tasting menu at Blue by Eric Ripert on Grand Cayman.   Son and daughter in law are visiting us and took us out, which made it a bit more special, even though the food was transcendent.  Runner  up would be a similar meal in a small town outside of Sophia Antipolis in the French Riviera.  A large three letter tech firm I was consulting to rented out the entire restaurant in the foot hills of the Alps for the consulting team dinner.  We ate on the veranda overlooking the valley and the last course of the meal was a nice Cuban cigar. Third would be some amazing BBQ at Memphis in May competition, Memphis Tennessee.  Knew some folks who were competing in the bbq competition (this is the world series of BBQ competitions) and you get in only if you are competing. 

• 2 months later...

A couple of my favorite eats that I constantly find myself craving.

Best burger - cheeseburger in paradise at jimmy buffets margaritaville in Las Vegas

Best burrito - cowboy crunch at Neato Burrito in Harrisburg, PA

Best sandwich - Hatfield deli - cold corned beef - reading terminal market in Philly.

• 6 months later...

A few years ago, my wife, who is a food and beverage photographer, was hired to shoot Garret Oliver, head brew master of Brooklyn Brewery, by a Belgian beer magazine.  Since the writer did not know Manhattan, he left the whole decision on what to do with Garret Oliver.  My wife assumed this would be a quick one hour shoot and I tagged along as an assistant with plans to go someplace to eat afterwards. 

Garret Oliver said when he thought about what to do, he could plan something for the photography or for the experience, and he choose the experience.  So at 27th & Broadway, he showed up with 9 750 ml bottles of specialty beer and took us (my wife, the writer, an assistant from the brewery and myself) to the Nomad Restaurant.  Between the five of us, we drank all those bottles of beer and had at least 5 additional glasses each off of the house menu.  We ordered every single thing on the menu too, all of which was amazing, but two items stood out.

One of the beers was a strong saison aged in a Mexcal barrel and had a smokey flavor.  The head chef at the time tasted it and whip up an off the menu item, slow pouch sturgeons with an egg white froth that went perfectly with the beer.  The second was their house specialty, a whole roasted chicken with foie gras piped under the skin; it was the best chicken I've had in my life. 

We sat down at 7 PM and did not leave until 1:30 AM.  I have yet to have a meal that matches this. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

My favorite restaurants are : 

St Louis - Annie Gunn's

Chicago - Trattoria No. 10

Indy - Eddy Merlot's

Cincy - The Precinct

Dallas - Al Biernat's

Charleston - Hall's Chophouse

That's not delving into all the small places that we love to visit....that would be a whole thread in itself lol.

• 3 months later...

When in Rome...

Hostaria Da Pietro, Via Gesù e Maria, near the Piazza del Popolo. 

Don’t order from the menu. Just ask for whatever the locals go for.

Unbelievable. 

And Mamma bakes all the desserts, so don’t forget to leave room.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari&um=1&ie=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=de&entry=s&sa=X&ftid=0x132f6055fe44dc93:0x557d02f202240dc8&gmm=CgIgAQ%3D%3D

Not really into food that much - for me the atmosphere of a restaurant is the most important thing. One memory that stands out is of La Guarida in Havana because of precisely that. ( 13 years ago)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...