Ice Fishing

dubleuhb

Hello all, I don't post much, more of a lurker but I thought I'd share a photo. Went to Lake Simcoe in Ontario Canada for perch. First time up and the fishing wasn't the greatest compared to what we had heard. Three of us caught about 100 in 6 hours and about 1/3 being big enough to keep for filleting. Here is a pic of me with a couple.

post-9403-0-07968500-1362465957_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Nice. Went ice fishing a month ago near Quebec City. A lot of fun, but more beer was drunk and cigars smoked than actual fish caught....lol We let all the fish go back to their families.

Did you guys even cut a hole?

Nice. Went ice fishing a month ago near Quebec City. A lot of fun, but more beer was drunk and cigars smoked than actual fish caught....lol We let all the fish go back to their families.

We drank plenty and it was a good thing the weather was nice as that little shanty filled up with smoke pretty fast wit 3 guys smoking.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like your shack dub. Lots of friends and family had that type growing up in eastern South Dakota, but after a bunch of them got stuck on the ice and lost to the spring thaw the harsh winter of 96 it has not been the same. Lots of guys went to the portable clams. I fished in one once and froze my butt off even with a heater and have not been back since. Now I just hook up with my brother once or twice a year and find the little off the map old GF&P rearing ponds for nice fat Perch and Walleye.

I have used terry goy with success in the past, but normally run and gun with my flip-over portable, lets see if we can "hook-up" this winter for some fishing/ice-herfing.fishing.gif

That sounds like a plan !!

I like your shack dub. Lots of friends and family had that type growing up in eastern South Dakota, but after a bunch of them got stuck on the ice and lost to the spring thaw the harsh winter of 96 it has not been the same. Lots of guys went to the portable clams. I fished in one once and froze my butt off even with a heater and have not been back since. Now I just hook up with my brother once or twice a year and find the little off the map old GF&P rearing ponds for nice fat Perch and Walleye.

Well not mine actually. They rent them out on this lake, shuttle you out and back, supply the bait. Just bring the your gear, booze and cigars and make a day of it. They have heaters in them, cookstove and lights. Very comfortable.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...