Rare Glenfiddich Snow Phoenix

jayceskinner

Hi Guys n' Gals

Thought I would try this even though it is probably a long shot. Does anybody know where I can get a bottle of Glenfiddich Snow Phoenix.

post-13398-0-57193100-1362968354_thumb.j

I have been searching everywhere in Australia but to no avail. Was wondering if any Aussie's or the international members have seen this available.

Thanks in advance for any lead that you have.

Jay

Negative out here in Australia retail. Atm you can get it on ebay Australia although the price is over 300 bucks:(

I was lucky enough to score 2 bottles when first released in Aus although since then it has rapidly disappeared.

Your best chance is to check the UK whisky sites as I saw it advertised a few weeks back although the post might kill you.

Also there is one place in the UK which has whisky auctions, it regularly comes up there for around 80-100 pounds if my memory serves me correct. You still have to factor in post OUCH!. If your still interested give us a hoy and I will chase down the site for you :)

Sharks

300 pounds!! they can have mine for that.

they were in the duty free stores about a year ago. around $80 to $100 from memory (or perhaps a bit less). picked up a couple. i think it is a very fine whisky though perhaps i was expecting something more, with all the hype.

unless you want it for a collection, i would not be paying that sort of dosh.

i think we i brought it out for rob on one of our videos, but no idea which.

Thanks for all the help guys I knew it was a long shot. I had seen it on the Dan Murphy site a while after it was released and it was only $100 but sold out.

I guess I will have to add this to the list of things to get when I win big in the lotto :party:

Yeah Right!

Interesting article about the scotch, and a nice picture of a cool looking bottle and interesting packaging....

http://ouidram.com/blog/?p=247

Too bad it's not a good scotch though. It was only $89 in LCBO stores here in Ontario when it was released. For that money though, The Glenlivet Nadurra (not the cask-strength version), something that's only found in duty-free stores worldwide I believe, is an excellent scotch that I always keep on hand for my father-in-law and my neighbour.

It's a polarizing drink. You either like it or you don't. I happen to like it.

I also like it. Like others have said, it is practically impossible to find in Australia retail.

I took one of the last bottles at Dan Murphy's South Melb.

Available at German site whiskyexpert24 (google it) for 139euros. No experience whatsoever of the vendor.

yer these guys dont post to aus :(

I also like it. Like others have said, it is practically impossible to find in Australia retail.

I took one of the last bottles at Dan Murphy's South Melb.

Got mine from the Camberwell Dan Murphy's.

Fruity and smooth, lots of pear and almost glycerin-like delivery.

I daresay it suits the Asian palate. :lol:

It can be readily found in the US at most major liquor chains. I must admit, It doesn't even make my top 5 favorites list, probably not even top 10 for my tastes. I wouldn't stress out about sourcing it if I were you, and decinately wouldn't put it on my "Winning the lottery bucket list". My 2 cents

• 2 months later...

It has been a long time since it has been available in the states it has been sold out for a while here at all online outlets and all major stores that list on wine searcher. Your best bet is to check small stores that may have in on the shelf and didn't sell it.

The Glenfiddich cask of dreams is their latest "limited edition bottling" and since it is a recent releas, it probably will be available in Oz. My personal opinion is it is a better dram than the snow Phoenix but I completely understand the need to have a bottle for your own to taste it for yourself. Good luck on your search

Jim

• 4 weeks later...

Just found this on Ebay! for $249 Aus

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Glenfiddich-Snow-Phoenix-Limited-Edition-/230997857518?pt=AU_BarwareCollectables&hash=item35c88b94ee#ht_361wt_1399

Glenfiddich Snow Phoenix Tin Box *** LIMITED EDITION *** RARE ***

Your are bidding on 1 empty Tin BOX - NO ALCOHOL !

Really ?shead.gif

Just found this on Ebay! for $249 Aus

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Glenfiddich-Snow-Phoenix-Limited-Edition-/230997857518?pt=AU_BarwareCollectables&hash=item35c88b94ee#ht_361wt_1399

Glenfiddich Snow Phoenix Tin Box *** LIMITED EDITION *** RARE ***

Your are bidding on 1 empty Tin BOX - NO ALCOHOL !

Really ?shead.gif

As long as their is still a trace of a scent it must be worth it, right? :thinking:

The things people will try to sell on eBay. If I could just drink all the whisky that I have and sell the empty bottle for a premium I would give up my day job and retire. :daydream:

Well back to the real world. Thanks to all for your efforts.

LOL. I used to sell bottles of HC Anejo and HC 7 years back on eBay. Used to double my money on the bottles, by buying them and shipping them to American customers. Supply and demand - if people want it bad enough, they're willing to pony up the ducats to get it.

But, then eBay changed more and more rules, and clamped down on that kind of stuff.

i'd better not hear any more bitching from ayala about smoking one of his behike's. i opened a bottle for him - in fact, pretty sure it is in one of our videos.

i'm looking at the other - i picked up two duty free a while back.

i need to find out about selling the thing. i enjoyed it but nowhere near that much.