Wow...

What a weekend ladies and gents. First and Foremost, I want to thank EVERYONE for coming down to Montreal, making this event a huge success. We had BOTL's and SOTL's from Montreal, Ottawa, Cornwall, Toronto and New Jersey in our great city over the weekend. As you guys probably seen, pictures are up in a thread Lisa started. Here is a quick recap of what went down...well just the stuff that can be mentioined on an online forum anyways...

Friday we had what was dubbed at the Pre-herf for the Pre-herf, or the pre-pre herf. We met up at stogies cigar bar around 2 pm for some smokes. we were about 8-10 people having a cigar, sharing stories and laughter. After that, we went to Ruben's Deli for some world famous montreal smoked meat. If ever you guys go there, have the builders platter, 1 lb of smoked meat on a plate, bread optional...lol

After that, we hit up La casa del Habano for Cigars and Drinks. We had a good group going Friday night and fun was had by all!

Saturday, it was the main event. We started off by holding a meet and greet at the hotel Square Phillips. People brought a variety of Rhums, scotches and tequilas to share and drink. This was a great way for everyone to get aquinted and break the ice. Afterwards, we went out for dinner to the Bistro Gourmand Beaver hall. Food was exellent.

Then it was stogies. 63 people were at the event at one point in time! We smoked, we drinked, we had a blast. As you saw we had about 32 lots up for auction. Some great cigar samplers in there, Art that was made and donated very generously by BOTL's and SOTL's. All in the name of Charity. As you might know, these herfs, yes we do them to get together and smoke, but the main purpose behind this to raise money for Rob Schildt's (freefallguy) Nicaraguan fund to feed the childeren...and that we did!

We raised around 2100$ for the fund!!

I will defenilty confirm the final amount once everything is finalized and accounted for. A big big big thank you to everyones generosity, by donating from their personal collection and also bidding on the lots.

All in all the event was a huge huge success, and we will defenitly be looking foward to doing the 3rd annual montreal Herf in 2014!

A big thank-you to all those who put their time and effort into organizing the herf again this year; a good time was had by all.

A big thank you to Riaz and Simon for putting this together. I know how much work it is to plan and run these events. It's great to be on the other side just attending and relaxing. The turnout was amazing and the money raised will make a huge difference to many lives. We hope to see many of you in Toronto for our third annual MegaHerf. :)

What a party, food, cigars and time in Montreal!! Thank you Riaz (who demolished that Builder's Platter and finished my dinner too working while Frank was still working on his), and Simon too!

Contrary to what you might think, Shlomo is actually a nice guy! jester.gifrotfl.gifbiggrin.png

Thanks Riaz and Simon for putting this all together.It was great to put faces and names to people you only know by the screename of the forum.Nice to meet you all.Hope to see you in Toronto in August.Thanks again for the good time.ok.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Super Event. Kudo's out to Simon and Riaz for the great organization of events and all the Montreal crowd for their hospitality. Well done guys.

I wanted to wait till I had access to my computer to write up a real thank you so here goes.

Thank you Riaz and Simon for organizing such an amazing event.

I may have mentioned it before some time back but the way I even came into knowing FoH members is due to a chance encounter with Riaz last year at the LCDH in MTL. I went to montreal for my birthday on a whim with my father and the first stop I made was the casa. I was smoking a Boli B2 while my dad had a R&J short churchill and I noticed this guy was smoking an SLR A which is one of my favorite CGs. I asked him how he was enjoying it and from there we made friends. I believe Simon was also at the casa that night but I dont believe we talked. The next day Riaz shot me an email and said he would be at stogies so I shot over there with my dad and we met up with Riaz (smoking a trini reyes), Frank (smoking an RAG) and Simon (cant remember what he was smoking). What I do remember was having some great conversations and at the end of the day, Riaz and Simon both mentioned that I should join FoH. I did that when I got home from MTL and I've been here ever since.

Ever since I met Riaz in the LCDH last year for my 29th birthday, I have been amazed at how great the community of FoH is. I have met more good people through cigars and many more through this site. Every herf I have been to has been a great experience filled with story telling (mostly Riaz telling me how hot I am) and the love of the leaf. When you add what a great charity we are all contributing to, it makes it all the better.

I was really happy to see a lot of people I met at the Toronto herf last year especially since I didn't talk to a lot of different people. I am usually fairly introverted so it was nice to get out of my shell a bit and chat with some new people.

Also, I am super stoked that I was able to hand out a lot of cigars and do some trades to expand my horizons especially when it comes to custom smokes. Added to that the birthday cake for myself and Jace was incredibly generous and really made me feel part of a great community that much more.

So thanks everyone, while Simon and Riaz had a big part to play, the herf couldn't have been so successful and enjoyable without the participation of so many great people that I can truly call friends.

Also, the cake was awesome.

Big Thanks to Simon and Riaz for organizing such a great event. Definitely kudos to all sponsors!

It was a night to remember and it was my first HERF attendance.

P.S. and next day I had my first tobacco hangover.

Amazing event!!! A big thank you to Riaz and Simon for organizing this great event. It was really nice to get to see some friends that I had not seen in a long time and it was also nice to meet some great people. I met Shaun (stogiecidal) on Friday at Stogies and we talked again at the LCDH on Friday night. Shaun was telling me his story of his journey with cigars (aka the Dark Side), not very different from my own journey. It was an amazing weekend, and I'm looking forward to seeing you all again soon.

I would like to say I had a great time but after driving all the way from Pennsylvania I came down with a terrible cold. I made to the pre herf friday at the lcdh and if that was any indication of what the herf was like i am sure it was great. I really wish I could have been at the actual herf but my body was not up to it.(blows nose)

anyway enough sobbing the events I did go to were great. It was great to see guys and girls from the toronto herf. I can't wait to go to next years herf and actually participate in all the events.

Jace

I would like to say I had a great time but after driving all the way from Pennsylvania I came down with a terrible cold. I made to the pre herf friday at the lcdh and if that was any indication of what the herf was like i am sure it was great. I really wish I could have been at the actual herf but my body was not up to it.(blows nose)

anyway enough sobbing the events I did go to were great. It was great to see guys and girls from the toronto herf. I can't wait to go to next years herf and actually participate in all the events.

Jace

We will see ou at the Toronto herf....... :)

Thanks to everyone that made it out to the Montreal Herf!

We got lucky with the weather we had one of the first nice week end in a long time. Riaz summed everything pretty well. I was really happy to see the whole Havana crew again ( Frank, Art, Enis, Conor, Marc, Alex, and we missed Keith and Tony) There was lot of generous donations, purchases, trades and gifts all over the room. I had invited a few friends that are newbies and never went to a cigar event before. They were impressed with the community and stunned by the amount of trading and gifting that were going on. They are now infected lol

We raised great money for a great cause, while smoking great cigar with an amazing group of people.

Thanks again all again and see you guys at the Toronto Herf with the MTL Crew caravan!

Thanks again all again and see you guys at the Toronto Herf with the MTL Crew caravan!

You guys did a great job. :clap: :clap: We hope to see a huge MTL contingent in Toronto this August. Otherwise, Muscles MarinaraTM is going to have to lay down some beats! :):lol:

You guys did a great job. clap.gifclap.gif We hope to see a huge MTL contingent in Toronto this August. Otherwise, Muscles MarinaraTM is going to have to lay down some beats! smile.pnglaugh.png

Love it! Muscles Marinara...lol

I like the swolinator...sounds good...but ya muscles marinara is awesome...or muscles arabiata might be better given my temper and anger issues lol

Mega Herf MTL was a very memorable night. As a first time Mega Herfer, it left an every lasting impression of comeradery between complete strangers unified by simple rolled leaves.

Of all the forums i've frequented and belonged to, BOTL/SOTL are by far the friendliest most generous bunch. The mutual respect is astounding and just the willingnous to go out of ones way to help a botl/sotl is omnipresent.

I want to give a BIG UPS to Riaz and Strata for organizing (i know it must have taken a crapload of planning) the 2nd annual event, for making it very easy for us to join, and making the new comers feel very welcomed. Obviously not to mention for the awesome night itself!

I felt bad for cutting out relatively early, family emergency came up and had to do the right thing.

Looking forward to meeting even more of you at some random point in time!