Interesting find: Vintage La Escepcion

With the dust settled from the Montreal herf, I've had some time to take some shots of a little discovery we made while browsing an odd cigar store prior to the herf.

We found some interesting sticks but this item in particular struck me.

A box of 1970's era Le Escepcions. :)Coronas Extra Largas

Here's the top.

post-6763-0-54229600-1363230082_thumb.jp

A close up of the label.

post-6763-0-60505600-1363230094_thumb.jp

The back of the box with the words "CLARO" and "9-75" which I am assuming could be the date September 1975

post-6763-0-61259400-1363230110_thumb.jp

Side shot.

post-6763-0-43864500-1363230117_thumb.jp

Open box. Two surviving sticks in their cello. Unfortunately, there's a beetle hole or two. :( On the plus side, the cigars have some give to them when I pinch the foot. Perhaps they can be revived? idea.gif

post-6763-0-52539400-1363230124_thumb.jp

A closeup of the cigar bands.

post-6763-0-82818200-1363230132_thumb.jp

An interesting label that may have been attached prior to sale to comply with language laws in Quebec or a standard item? The four languages are English, Spanish, French and German.

post-6763-0-80946800-1363230138_thumb.jp

Vascos is indeed gross. I have found some nice stuff at Blatter from time to time though. Never been to Poupart though. Not even sure I have ever even heard of it...lol

Poupart is on peel, the place right next to chez alexandres....its a very easy pass. No point in even going there...might as well buy your sticks from Stogies humidor...at least they are well kept and cheaper

Frank, nice find. I'll keep an eye out on my mailbox for my single then.... :whistle:

That last shot, though, the one with the curious 4-language add-on label. That same one was in the old H. Upmann Premiers Cellophane box that I found last fall at my Aunt's place, the one that was my Uncle's father's cigar box. I think it's something that's added for the EMS (English Market Selection) boxes, perhaps due to H&F also servicing so many other countries, with the different languages all mixed in. That's my guess, anywho.

Very nice find!! I wish I could search some shops for interesting stuff, but imposible for me here.

Frank,before you fire the one with the holes up, plug the holes with the tobacco you cut the head of the cigar.A tiny plug will do the trick.

Frank,before you fire the one with the holes up, plug the holes with the tobacco you cut the head of the cigar.A tiny plug will do the trick.

I usually wait for the beetle larvae to poke its head out, then one quik whapp with the tip of your fingernail

will render it unconcious long enough for a quality, windfree smoke.