Mighty Rangers. Bwahaha.

Who won the AL West last year? Rangers are on the decline. Thank the gods.

Blue Jays are the roided-up Marlins of 2013. Yawn.

I like OAKLAND-SF for a Bay series redux. No earthquakes!!!

You can't discount any team that has made it to the World Series 2 out of the last 3 years!

But winning the east this year is no big feat. It is definitely the Inferior division compared to West and Central.

I'm having great difficulty understanding you, my friend.

First you say - "In the west, Seattle, Oakland and Houston won't stand a fighting chance. Houston is lined up to be tge worst team in all of MLB. ....................Detroit in the AL Central, easily with little stress,"

So the West has 3 of 5 teams with no hope, and the Central has one contender out of 5 teams........and yet the East is the Inferior Division of the three?

I am a confused! confused.gif

Looked it up and you are right about the balk! The sports writer must have a different idea.

How about this one...

When the bases are unoccupied, the pitcher shall deliver the ball to the batter within 12 seconds after he receives the ball. Each time the pitcher delays the game by violating this rule, the umpire shall call “Ball.” The 12-second timing starts when the pitcher is in possession of the ball and the batter is in the box, alert to the pitcher. The timing stops when the pitcher releases the ball.

And he does this four times?

And yes, I have no life.

haha yes Lisa - technically he could be called for this Four times, resulting in a walk. In practice - no one is ever called for it. Some pitchers out there take almost forever to throw one pitch. Enforcing this rule would dramatically change the game (for the better, I think). Same with the seemingly forgotten rule about interference for the runner. Someone forgot to mention to every freaking Catcher in baseball that they are not allowed to block the basepath for runners coming home. I guess folks like crashes and injuries at home plate. See - Martinez, Buck.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump, its opening day, a whole slew of games on tap. Who will be going to opening day games, what will you be smoking during the games?

I am a big Giants fan. I never really understood the attractionof baseball untill i went to AT&T park for a couple of games around this time last year. Im hooked. When we went back to the bay area for thanksgiving in november 2012, i couldnt help but do the tour. What a great city. I even managed to get to the 49ers v Bears game to witness Kaepernick's first starting game.post-6902-0-25300300-1365211371_thumb.jppost-6902-0-18141900-1365211446_thumb.jppost-6902-0-39389000-1365211505_thumb.jp

Cleveland Indians fan here! OK, stop laughing....rolleyes.gif I was really excited about the revamped roster and new management this year, as well as the fact that the front office finally spent a little bit of money..... however, it looks like pitching will be our downfall again this year. It's early, and it may turn around, but I ain't gettin my hopes up.....

I can hear the Rockies front office snicker every time Ubaldo throws a pitch.... ugh!

I was kind of relieved that the last two games of the home opener with the Yankees got rained out. That was a slaughter! Let's see what happens with the White Sox tonight!

I still love baseball, so it's all good!

i'll tune in to dodgers games for vin scully alone. his stories during the game...the other night he was doing a promo for the question of the day for the dodgers twitter account and then he was like wtf is a hashtag...can someone tell me what does a hashtag do...lol love the man

NL east looks like is going to be a two horse race this year between braves and nats (who i cannot root for under any circumstance even if they have great players) AL east...Boston are decent, lunch pale team. The division is for the orioles to lose...Jays will take some time to gel.

All in all i think we will have a good season.

• 4 months later...

I respect your Opinion...but humbly, yet vehemently disagree.

First, Boston and Baltimore play in the East. I think you may be west-focused a little too much there!

Second - Boston having the talent this year? Really? The consensus was that they upgraded their clubhouse with great character......but if you really believe players like Shane Victorino are the kind of player that put you over the top.....You may be mistaken. Their talent level is probably about the same as last year.

Meanwhile, the Blue Jays massively upgraded their Rotation, middle Infield and Left Field, and retaining 2 potential 40HR sluggers, a rising star with Speed and have speed on the bench to burn.

Really? The stagnant Red Sox with their unproven Manager over that? I won't even qualify the Orioles - no one knows what the heck they will do. They ran away with all the horseshoes last season and everyone in baseball knows it. A miracle if it happens again, considering they essentially upgraded nowhere in the offeseason.

I think the Red Sox are a safe bet to lose 80 this year. Bank on it.

You should have listened to me, and I should have banked on it with you!!!!!

You should have listened to me, and I should have banked on it with you!!!!!

My god this man knows his baseball!!!!!

Blue Jays. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Sorry Chris but what a year.....

Once I went to Vegas during Roy Halladay's Cy Young season with the Jays, and bet on Halladay to beat the crappy Orioles that day. He got destroyed.

Go Jays G............ah forget it.

Patrick - I think my emails are going to your spam filter again, dude! LOL