New camera - fun with my Weimaraner pup!

Hi, all.

Got a new camera (Panasonic FZ150) recently and spent the last two weekends fiddling around with it. I’ve pretty much fallen in love with the shutter speed on this device. Action shots are cool! And it just takes a damned good photo to boot! Here are a few samples from this past weekend. The primary subject below is my pheasant dog, Remington (Remy for short) the Weimaraner. He’ll be 8 months old next week and currently weighs in at just under 70 pounds. A wee little bird landed in a nearby tree when I was out with Remy, so I snapped a pic of it, too.

Sorry for the massive number of photos. I just can't help myself. (And I'm not really all that sorry, I suppose... if you're still using dial-up you need to move into the 21 Century. wink.pngbiggrin.pngsmile.png )

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

drinking2-vi.jpg

drinking4-vi.jpg

drinking6-vi.jpg

drinking8-vi.jpg

house3-vi.jpg

house4-vi.jpg

running2-vi.jpg

running3-vi.jpg

running5-vi.jpg

biride2-vi.jpg

Hi Greg,

My goodness, 70 pounds and not even a year old yet. Remy will be a big dog! Won't be any ringnecks getting away from Remy!

I see you too still have plenty of snow on the ground..I am so looking forward to warm, outdoor smoking weather.

Thank you for sharing those pictures,

Curtiss

Thanks, all. I do love our 70lb. ball of energy. I've had several awesome dogs in my life, but I've never had one as gorgeous as Remy. I'll be super proud of him when he retrieves his first pheasant. It will be a great day!

Cheers,

Greg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, Piggy! Next month he goes off to bird dog summer camp for 5 weeks to be professionally trained. Will find out then if he's cut out for the field. Worst case is that he's gun shy - I don't think he will be since he doesn't seem to get startled at all around loud/sudden noises, but you never know until you get him out there. He's been having fun being a puppy, so I've not done any serious training with him yet, beyond the usual early obedience training and some simple retrieving. Haven't exposed him to gun fire yet because I've heard too many accounts of people doing that too early for their pup or in a non-incremental manner and end with a bird dog who won't hunt. Remy's awesome and even if he turns out to not be a field dog he'll still be one helluva lap dog. But I do have high hopes for his field training based upon what I've seen already from him.

We shall see! smile.png

Cheers,

~ Greg ~