La Gloria Cubana MdO #3 is back!

New production has been sighted and is listed as available in at least one LCDH in Germany!

Not sure how many of these were made and about availability in other regions but there is hope for us long-and-skinny fans :2thumbs:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update. I noticed that some was popping up, but hadn't heard that it was new production, rather than the last of some discontinued stock. Do let me know if you see any new LGC MDO1 . . .hungry.giflol3.gif

This February, in Varadero, I was talking with the LCDH ladies about LGC brand and they told me that the only vitola rolled in 2012 was the #3.

At that time I thought she confused LGC #3 with LGC #4, but now it make sense.

great news...I will have to go hunting as it has been over 10yrs since I had a LCG as they were always too hard to find and too much money compared to other smokes...but now that they are going away I want them..of course :)

Apparently, they popped up all over Germany now but I have seen conflicting reports of recent BD versus 2002 BD. I hope to be able to report first-hand soon. My 2002s are outstanding!!

New production has been sighted and is listed as available in at least one LCDH in Germany!

Not sure how many of these were made and about availability in other regions but there is hope for us long-and-skinny fans :2thumbs:

Stuttgart Claus?

Where's the No.2's at? These are current production but nowhere to be found.

I have to agree...and the #4s are listed as current and I've only seen in them in one vendor as well for a bit more than I'm willing to pay for them.

Stuttgart Claus?

Not only there but it was their newsletter that made me aware of this. Stopping by there on my way to Rome one week from Saturday :2thumbs:

I have to agree...and the #4s are listed as current and I've only seen in them in one vendor as well for a bit more than I'm willing to pay for them.

Both are being made - they just sell out quickly... I have 2012 boxes of each.

Not only there but it was their newsletter that made me aware of this. Stopping by there on my way to Rome one week from Saturday 2thumbs.gif

Ofcourse they do, I was there last month and didnt see any.. How convient they have them now that Im gone! nosmilies.gif

Received an 02 box from an online retailer who had posted a few, selling out quickly. What was most interesting is that it appeared that the original warranty seal (or some other sticker of comparable size and horizontally across the box if viewed from the front) had been removed from the outer cardboard box and the new warranty seal, complete with the micro-numbering, had been used to seal the box. Everything else about the box, which had plainly never been opened, was consistent with the JUL 02 code, including the right internal notice, .jpg"]http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/common_images/text/notice[1].jpg, and slightly yellowed wax paper. The bands are rather odd, however, so I may post some pictures later for thoughts, probably in the suspect cigar forum.

In any case, is it possible that Cuba was holding boxes in reserve for years that it only released to the open market sometime in late 2011 or so?

Received an 02 box from an online retailer who had posted a few, selling out quickly. What was most interesting is that it appeared that the original warranty seal (or some other sticker of comparable size and horizontally across the box if viewed from the front) had been removed from the outer cardboard box and the new warranty seal, complete with the micro-numbering, had been used to seal the box. Everything else about the box, which had plainly never been opened, was consistent with the JUL 02 code, including the right internal notice, http://www.cubanciga...t/notice[1].jpg, and slightly yellowed wax paper. The bands are rather odd, however, so I may post some pictures later for thoughts, probably in the suspect cigar forum.

In any case, is it possible that Cuba was holding boxes in reserve for years that it only released to the open market sometime in late 2011 or so?

I suspect it is similar to all the HdM Des Dieux in 50 cabs from 2003 that keep popping up everywhere - must be some huge stock somewhere. Probably not on purpose but rather overproduced and forgotten.

The MdO bands all look kind of shabby so that would be consistent with what I've seen. Post a picture, please.

I have had it many times where a recent seal was taped over an old seal (sometimes more than one) but never where the old seal was removed completely first and then the new seal applied.

What say ye of this? My camera isn't much, but I think you can see what I'm talking about if you click on the pictures. I've never seen LGC bands with the embossed roping all the way around and no "Habana" anywhere. The warranty seal is plainly the new one, which wasn't released until some 9 years after these were boxed, according to the factory code. On the third image you can see the residue of some kind of sticker though oddly placed. Anyone see RSE JUL 02 on these? All in all, a bit of a mystery to me. But they look and smell fantastic! perfect10.gif

The bands

Internal Notice

Box Code with warranty seal shadow

Box from the front

My OSU JUL 2002 MdO #3 have the word "Habana" at the bottom and the embossing only goes around 270 degrees or so, like a horseshoe. Strange!

What say ye of this? My camera isn't much, but I think you can see what I'm talking about if you click on the pictures. I've never seen LGC bands with the embossed roping all the way around and no "Habana" anywhere. The warranty seal is plainly the new one, which wasn't released until some 9 years after these were boxed, according to the factory code. On the third image you can see the residue of some kind of sticker though oddly placed. Anyone see RSE JUL 02 on these? All in all, a bit of a mystery to me. But they look and smell fantastic! perfect10.gif

I hate to say it, but it doesn't look good. These are fakes. In fact, the bands actually resemble the non cuban LGC's. Did you buy these from an individual or from a retailer?

RSE seems to be a valid factory code for MdO #3 - I know of some RSE AGO 02 for sale... But the band does indeed not look good.

Did you check if that seal has the recently discovered micro-print? Maybe you can find the barcode number and do a search on the HSA website.

RSE seems to be a valid factory code for MdO #3 - I know of some RSE AGO 02 for sale... But the band does indeed not look good.

Did you check if that seal has the recently discovered micro-print? Maybe you can find the barcode number and do a search on the HSA website.

I was going to say the exact same thing. From your pics it looks like it has the newest warranty seal on it with the microprinted HSA #. Plug that number into HSA and see what you get. My guess is they are legit and for whatever reasons the bands are different (probably Cuba being Cuba). Looking through my current 02 LGC MdO #3 boxes in my humidor, I see 3 different bands. Also, I have seen a similiar box to the one you have pictured and it does have the HSA number which comes up as valid. Can't seem to run it through right now as the site is down, but it came up legit earlier.

And of course the best way to tell if they are legit is to smoke one...nothing compares to an LGC IMO. They are very unique and the #3s have some great sweet honey flavor and floral notes that I just don't get it any other cigar. I would imagine it would be quite hard to blend a cigar to copy that great LGC flavor.

If you would like me to post pics of my bands later, let me know as I'm off to bed now.