La Gloria Cubana MdO #3 is back!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does an 02 box have a holographic seal?

Cause it's Cuba. It happens all the time with REVISADO boxes. Old stock is re inspected, new seals are applied and the boxes are put on the shelves in the LCDH's.

I would love to hear where this box came from.

I've got some, and have also seen other boxes, of LGC MdO series cigars with the newer warranty seals on it. Not the brand brand new one, with the microprinted numbers. But still, the newer warranty seal, with the hologram. But, all of these boxes either had this seal reapplied over the old / original warranty seal, or had the original warranty seal removed, and then this new one applied.

Yours, and with what looks like the box damage to the opposite front corner of where the new seal is, looks like yours originally had the old warranty seal, but then had it removed and then this new one applied.

Likewise, the D.O.P. chevron sticker - I've seen that on the outside of the cardboard boxes, as yours has, or affixed to the actual wooden box on the inside of the cardboard outer box. So, there's no real consistency there.

But, I've never seen that code before on MdO stuff from that age range. Also, gotta agree that those bands are a first. Never seen them like that before. But, Cuba being Cuba, who knows if it was from a mis-print run, and they decided to use them anyways. But, that said, this would be the only box that anyone's ever seen of them like that? Seems unusual.

Here's some of my current boxes, all purchased legit from LCDH stores or from our host:

post-6965-0-02395700-1365866846_thumb.jp

post-6965-0-74666200-1365866889_thumb.jp

post-6965-0-55679400-1365866972_thumb.jp

post-6965-0-08628000-1365867014_thumb.jp

post-6965-0-17145900-1365867044_thumb.jp

It does appear that Habana is there, but man these bands are really bad. I've seen many misprinted bands over the years but these take the cake, if in fact they are legit. Colouring is wrong (smoke is red), embossing is wrong, its missing the 2 bars at the bottom, etc. Smoke one and let us how they are.

Come to think of it, I have a box of MdO (forgot what number) where the print colors on the band are totally misaligned - so your box is not the first one with terrible bands then, I guess.

BTW, Stuttgart still has MdO #3. I hope they still have them on Friday so I can see the BDs.

Thanks everyone for their thoughts. ok.gif The real test will come when I light one up. I'll follow up with an update once I do, though that probably won't be until June or July (giving them time to rest). Look forward to your update, Claus!

Still multiple boxes in Stuttgart but they were all August 2002 so no new production - sorry to get people's hopes up :(

Firstly, I found a source that still has bunches of the MdO No. 3's in. PM me if you wish for details.

But, on a bit of a side note...

What's everyone's thought about the LGC Immensos (the LCDH release)? I noticed they're available at a favourite source of mine - and with a decent code (MUR, and any month in 2012 seems to be epic from that factory code). But, firstly, I thought these were only a 2010 release for LCDH? Or, are they still pumping these out still into 2012? And the sizes don't seem to match up compared with the info on Trevor's webpage - am I missing something?

Are they worth a grab?

Firstly, I found a source that still has bunches of the MdO No. 3's in. PM methey are ou wish for details.

But, on a bit of a side note...

What's everyone's thought about the LGC Immensos (the LCDH release)? I noticed they're available at a favourite source of mine - and with a decent code (MUR, and any month in 2012 seems to be epic from that factory code). But, firstly, I thought these were only a 2010 release for LCDH? Or, are they still pumping these out still into 2012? And the sizes don't seem to match up compared with the info on Trevor's webpage - am I missing something?

Are they worth a grab?

The immenso are very good. Not quite a Tainos, but very good none the less and easier to find. They seem to come and go, and lately it appears they are available again.

FWIW, a friend mentioned they had cranked out more production in '12 and to stay away...

Any particular reason? Not on blend? Too young? Bad production/wrapper? I'm just curious what you mean with that.

From what I've seen around the interwebs, it looked like these 2012 boxes might actually be from 2010 production, but only just finally boxed and shipped out here in 2012. So I was thinking/hoping that it'd be the same blend and relatively the same production run.

They seem like a somewhat decent find and decent value. I WISH I could grab more boxes of the Glorioso UK RE - those are just beautiful cigars, from top to bottom. Alas, I only have the one box I'm going through, and they were all long gone by the time I lucked out in grabbing just this one.

What size are those? They clearly seem to be a different vitola from the old No. 3's. Looks like a corona gorda.

They look like the Inmensos...