Boar fish in our lobster pot

westg

post-12719-0-92798600-1365858447_thumb.jpost-12719-0-31719400-1365858537_thumb.jpost-12719-0-34404600-1365858768_thumb.j Two western rock lobster and a long nosed boar fish in a cray pot. Insane .Have only seen this species once before.. An amazing tasting fish to go with our crab caught today..

• 2 weeks later...

Long nose boarfish are a popular catch for spearfishermen. Great tasting too. That's a nice one. Well done. Oh, and there's not much better than fresh rock lobster.

Long nose boarfish are a popular catch for spearfishermen. Great tasting too. That's a nice one. Well done. Oh, and there's not much better than fresh rock lobster.

Got one on spear before Bill which was a fair bit bigger than this one, in deeper water though. And yes very tasty fish.

Top work. You're spoiled over there in the west. I do a bit of spearfishing over here in Vic and have done a few trips to the coral sea and NZ but have only snorkled and scuba dived Ningaloo over there in the West. Would love to get on a spearing trip to Shark Bay or the Abrolhos Islands one day. It's on the bucket list. Good to see another spearo who enjoys cigars.

• 10 months later...

Mate got a 10lb Snapper out of a cray pot once while diving.

Funniest **** I have ever seen...imagine a massive pissed off Snapper with its tail hanging out of the catch bag thrashing around all the way to the surface :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...