Cigar Underground Network Logo's

I never thought I would see the day when people would be arguing for a politically correct symbol on here because they were afraid of what other people, specifically politicians would think! clap.gif

In reality, it's a logo that a few hundred cigar smokers will see on newsletters, unless the more vocal opponents have plans of torch lit marches through the streets with the logo on banners then this is all just a little bit silly imo..

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought a good image would be something like the ROTJ poster... with Smithy as Luke (but holding up a cigar instead of a lightsaber), Di in a gold bikini, Rob as Han, and Ken could be Chewy...

post-1537-0-66238600-1366184004_thumb.jp

seriously fuzz? smithy as luke? have you seen the movies?

i have always rather thought of smithy as a c3po type. no offence smithy.

and if i end up on logo as jabba, it will be lawyers and ten paces. darth, i could handle.

Looks good! There are always some people who could do with a good fisting to make them think straight!

Yup.

It has somehow changed into a right/left battle.

It would be hilarious if it weren't so sad.

But look out, we lefties are trying to control your mind!

I never thought I would see the day when people would be arguing for a politically correct symbol on here because they were afraid of what other people, specifically politicians would think! clap.gif

In reality, it's a logo that a few hundred cigar smokers will see on newsletters, unless the more vocal opponents have plans of torch lit marches through the streets with the logo on banners then this is all just a little bit silly imo..

Completely missing the point. I'm, and I would think Ray, are not afraid of what politicians think, I am concerned as to what our opponents might do with the symbols. Also If the logo is "ONLY" seen by a few hundred cigar smokers, then what was the original point of having the logos?

No kidding… some people here live on a different planet…

No kidding… some people here live on a different planet…

Please read my post that is just above yours. Remeber we in Australia have to put up with extremely hard anti-tobacco laws so we know how bad things can get, and maybe even worse one day. I can remember the days where buying cigars was no big deal, there were no "Health Warnings" on the boxes and one could stroll in and out of shops smoking a cigar - now THAT seems like another planet now.

You guys finished yet?

i haven't seen more made out of nothing since I took a peek under Lisa Condons skirt in the 3rd grade.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

And Lisa Condon... Her brother's boxers or what.

You guys finished yet?

i haven't seen more made out of nothing since I took a peek under Lisa Condons skirt in the 3rd grade.

Much to do about nothing!!! I am sorry I took your efforts seriously! I thought you were serious.

Our leftist members knew it was a joke from the beginning apparently. Of course they know what you are up against and have belittled any effort to make it effective which reflects identifying their core beliefs as the problem. Next time send me the memo too!

There is never a shortage of people who stay in a disaster area being well warned of the risks. My own fault for sticking around trying to help others figure it out.

It appears that the joke is on me. I am cool with that! Wing nuts are not without humor!

-Ray

There is never a shortage of people who stay in a disaster area being well warned of the risks. My own fault for sticking around trying to help others figure it out.

Ray,

The thought that members need to be educated is misguided.

Cheers mate --Ross

Jackie, I guess we're not finished.....

Ray, it would be impossible for me to take offense smile.png

At the risk of opening a can of crap, and perhaps seeming to be critical of Rob and what he's done, and what he's trying to do, I agree with much of what you've said above. To try and be brief - from my perspective, something like United Network of Cigar Lovers, Network of United Cigar Lovers, etc - losing the underground aspect, losing the current acronym, bringing concerns to the fore and to light - might be taken more seriously, were it to come to that.

For what it's worth, I've briefly discusssed my thoughts with RA.

I'm a bit late to this game. I think the logo is excellent. The "raised fist" background post by Ray was educational and thought provoking. What concerns me isn't the graphic. The branding is more of an eyebrow raiser. The acronym of choice, the subversive aspect while fun in our little corner of the world, would hold very little water in the real world. If anything, it makes our plight an easier one to dismiss. This fight is an uphill one, we're going against years of anti-smoking doctrine and bias. The core "rights" behind this is are almost relegated to folly. In the eyes of politicians and legislators it will be about smoking and it's ill connotations. Never mind that these same folks endorse or pass a blind eye to equally bad or worse endeavours. WIth this logo and branding we are preaching to the converted. What is needed is something more mainstream. I look at what the US has in the CRA (Cigar Rights of America). And I'm not talking about logo comparison, though their's is excellent. smile.png I look instead at their "image", their "value propositions" and "approach". Our world is full of what I'll call "fear based marketing". Our media feeds on it, politicians wield it and many people fall prey to it. To go forward, we need to "credible" and hard to dismiss.

I like what we have in the "C word" campaign and appreciate the thought and efforts of those behind it. I do believe to be effective a less "flip" approach might be warranted. If this is to gain ground, if a good deal of us are going to stand up for our rights, lets make it difficult to be marginalized. I'd like to go more into this but I do not have the time. Let's park the discussion on the logo and set our sights on overall approach, goals, strategies, benchmarks and action.

Ray,

Cheers mate --Ross

I don't think so Ross, or have never thought so until now.

If the sharing of my knowledge, me alleging that my knowledge may educate another or help another, is not appreciated and is in fact misguided then there is no reason for me to remain here. If this place is about wishing everyone happy birthday... and posting smiley faces, then clearly this place has evolved into another politically correct place that is not for me.

I share thoughts on everything from cigars, humidors to politics... I know a lot about all those topics and I assume that I post some interesting ideas and alternatives to the guru BS, the politically correct and the scientifically incorrect. You may be rights Ross. I am passionate about what I write and this forum may not be the place for it. I have never been a part of the main stream don't make waves crowd. Perhaps this is not my crowd anymore.

While not based on your post my friend, I assure you, I am going to reassess the time I spend here.

I am sure that there are plenty that are raising their fists to that idea.

-Ray

Ray,

Cheers mate --Ross

I don't think so Ross, or have never thought so until now.

I am sure that there are plenty that are raising their fists to that idea.

-Ray

Everyone step back from their PC's. Take a deep breath. Go to your happy place and relax. I fear the death of discussion is upon us.

Let's not be too quick to feel "slighted". Myself included. This is a "Forum" after all. "an assembly, meeting place, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest." We can conduct discussions and arguments in a civil manner.

And please. Less of this "taking your ball home" tactics.

Thanks for the positive contribution Cap ok.gif

I certainly did ask for comment/discussion. I disagree with most of it but that is fine. Taking advice from all angles is important. In the end my call.

Thanks again Cap.

I think if anything the logo is too friendly, maybe we need to play into the stereotypes of us all being evil, eg

k362ad.jpg

I like it Prez, I think the fanatical reaction to it is pretty ridiculous. I'd be keen to wear it. I understand where you're coming from with it, And what it represents to this group and wholeheartedly agree.

Just because some kids pulled shenanigans with pressure cookers doesn't mean I'm throwing mine out.