The Best Pre Made Buffalo Wing Hot Sauce

Overproof

The Best Pre made Buffalo Wing Hot Sauce  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Id like to give some Buffalo wings a crack. First I must buy a pre made sauce via a website here in Australia that imports the listed. If you know of another sauces that are not listed or have a recipe thats blows these out of the water please feel free to list it and I'll try source something out or have a crack at making my own.

Cheers guys.

I Dont know how to post the poll I created? but here's what I have access to:

• Frank's Red Hot Wings Sauce Buffalo
  • Louisiana Hot Sauce
  • Wing Time Hot Sauce
  • First Street Buffalo Style Chicken Wing Sauce
  • Blair's Wing Sauce

Other - Hooters

hooters_wing_sauce1.jpg

I voted for franks. I like it but haven't tasted the others except for Louisiana but not with wings. So franks it is. I've never seen the hooters brand. I'm gonna have to try it.

From Buffalo originally.

Franks. Butter. Malt vinegar.

Salt and pepper wings before deep frying.

Cook a minute longer than most people say.

Toss with sauce immediately.

Serve with blue cheese and celery. No Ranch BS.

Simple yet most places F it up (read: Hooters)

Make your own. Equal measures white vinegar and butter, melted in a pan. Add Tabasco to taste. That's it.

I got two bottles of Franks on the way but I'll give a small batch of this a run for sure! Cheers Ryan

The buffalo wing sauce i believe was invented in the anchor bar in buffalo...

They have their own sauce which you can buy on the net which they say is the original, ive tried and prefer it over franks.

Buffalo wings are just awesome.

I have to agree with khomeinist on this..I've been making wings for my drunken college buddies since around 1979 as a student at SUNY Fredonia ...I do clarify the butter (gently heated before hand and solids skimmed off) prior to using to keep the sauce smooth...and also have added occasionally little amounts of minced or powdered garlic, ketchup and mustard, and sometimes when I want hotter wings, shake some of whatever Louisiana or other hot sauce in with the Franks....

The buffalo wing sauce i believe was invented in the anchor bar in buffalo...

They have their own sauce which you can buy on the net which they say is the original, ive tried and prefer it over franks.

Buffalo wings are just awesome.

Anchor Bar claims wings but they are a tourist trap to be honest. Try Duffs if you make it the Western New York. Hit up Schwabl's for a beef on weck, Ted's for a frankfurter, and maybe Charlie the Butcher for another beef on weck...

Good to go....

The Anchor sauce is a little weird to me. I have tried their bottled products. I would recommend making your own if possible.

Bone's advice to clarify the butter is solid......

SUNY Fredonia eh? Lots of my family went to Canisius or UB. Cheers.....

• 3 weeks later...

Other - Hooters

hooters_wing_sauce1.jpg

Now your talking; Mate........

Other - Hooters

hooters_wing_sauce1.jpg

Who doesn't like Breasts with their wings.....

I went with the pre made Franks. You dont have to add any butter etc. Was good. Next time I'll double fry the wings or coat them in a little in flour, they went a little soggy once the sauce hit em.

I also use Franks Original with clarified butter and vinegar to taste and I make my own blue cheese dip for the sides of carrots and celery.

I also use Franks Original with clarified butter and vinegar to taste and I make my own blue cheese dip for the sides of carrots and celery.

Mind sharing your blue cheese sauce recipe? innocent.gif

• 1 year later...

These are all great suggestions. I've been tinkering with wings for a few years and lately have this for a sauce:

For 25-30 wings, oven fried in flour, seasonings and cilantro.

1/2 cup anybody's orange wing sauce.

1-2 spoon fulls of Hooters mild. When this gets refrigerated it is very thick like peanut butter, and I like the texture it brings.

5-6 dashes of tabasco habanero.

When the wings come out I let them rest for a few minutes and then either serve sauce on the side or do a light mop to order. Bleu cheese, ranch, cheese sauce, whatever, it's all good.

jp

I actually prefer a Thai recipe for wings.