The Best Pre Made Buffalo Wing Hot Sauce

Overproof

The Best Pre made Buffalo Wing Hot Sauce  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to agree with khomeinist on this..I've been making wings for my drunken college buddies since around 1979 as a student at SUNY Fredonia ...I do clarify the butter (gently heated before hand and solids skimmed off) prior to using to keep the sauce smooth...and also have added occasionally little amounts of minced or powdered garlic, ketchup and mustard, and sometimes when I want hotter wings, shake some of whatever Louisiana or other hot sauce in with the Franks....

There are at least three Fredonia alums on here! Graduated in '97!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Was killing some time before bed last night and made the mistake of browsing this thread. Had to have some wings.

Wifey made this version I looked up and it was spot on for that famous "franchise" and she mixed butter with some Franks for the sauce.

Delicious.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Restaurant-Style-Buffalo-Chicken-Wings/Detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Thumb&e11=chicken%20wings&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Recipe%20Hub&soid=sr_results_p1i1

• 1 month later...

In my opinion the only way to go is franks classic, take the wings out of the frier (no flour, just crisped skin) and lighly toss in franks, if you need it to be milder you can melt 25% butter in to the franks or for super mild 50% butter melted into the hot franks sauce.

Makes a much better sauce than franks buffalo wing sauce premade

• 3 weeks later...

I have to agree with khomeinist on this..I've been making wings for my drunken college buddies since around 1979 as a student at SUNY Fredonia ...I do clarify the butter (gently heated before hand and solids skimmed off) prior to using to keep the sauce smooth...and also have added occasionally little amounts of minced or powdered garlic, ketchup and mustard, and sometimes when I want hotter wings, shake some of whatever Louisiana or other hot sauce in with the Franks....

Small world, I went to Fredonia and graduated in 1997. Wing King Café on Main Street with those 10cent wings on Wednesday night....

Making me hungry. I loved buffalo wings when I travelled to the States. Think I ordered them every place that served them.

Can't find any where here in Sydney that does them well.

Will be trying out making my own and order some Franks sauce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 1 month later...