Hello New Guy From Southern New Jersey

SNJHabanos

Hello to All....

Well i dont know why took me so long to join the site but i love watching the video reviews. Not only do they make me laugh....They give me great info even on lesser known cuban cigars i didnt know were out there. Plus on pairing cigars with wine or my favorite beer... lol.

My wife even laughs sometimes with kenny and his Redskins throwback helmet...were Cowboys fans here..lol. Anyway im not new to smoking Cubans but still feel i have alot too learn Specially now since im looking to buy more and more about storage and ageing. Anyone with tips or what i should be looking to do are greatly apreciated.

Im headed to the southern caribean in a week to Barbados and St. Maarteen as well as others and not sure if spending money on tons of singlss is what i should do....Or just find the two or three that i like the most and buy boxes. Then store. Suggestions???

I know ill find good advice here and look forward to lots of learning and future purchases....

TO A Good Smoke....

Chris

welcome!

Aging cubans is hard, because its hard to keep your hands off them! lol

As for your trip, just be carefull, lots of fakes in the carabeeins. Make sure you buy from an authorize habanos dealer, and BE SURE to check out our esteemed member, Trevor's website, your guide book to cuban cigars. www.cubancigarwebsite.com You will find a wealth of information here, especially on what to look for in fake cigars and whatnot.

Enjoy the forums

Thanks....Lisa great pic on here....funny...lol. Yea plan on only going too La Casa Del Habanos on both Barbados and St. Maarteen. Learned my lesson several years ago in cozumel...lol. So should i go buying say several brands with singles packs of 10's or just two or three boxes.

Thanks....Lisa great pic on here....funny...lol. Yea plan on only going too La Casa Del Habanos on both Barbados and St. Maarteen. Learned my lesson several years ago in cozumel...lol. So should i go buying say several brands with singles packs of 10's or just two or three boxes.

Go for variety, 3-5 packs, different marcas and vitolas, see what you like what you dont...if you just buy boxes and you dont like it, your stuck with it or stuck trying to offload it. Discover what your palate likes and go from there. just my humble opinion

No its a good opinion....the singles im picking ive all tried....and like. I was trying to ...well i quess get most for my money but i was after looking at prices if it was just better instead of spending almost 500.00 in all types and brands just buy say 1 box of Ramon Allones SS which i love and 1 box of Bolivar RC?

Welcome! IMHO, you would be better off trying new cigars rather than sticking with what you know. As a fellow US member, opportunities to visit LCDH's are infrequent and you will get more out of learning about lesser known brands and sizes on your visit. As has been said by others, the Caribbean is loaded with fakes..so stick with authorized retailers and smoke while you are there and pick your prizes for the trip home.

Enjoy your trip!

Jim

Yay for more NJ people.

Your best bet is buying 3-5 packs and going from there to try new stuff. Welcome aboard

Also, we REALLY need to organize a NJ herf. We have more than enough people to make it big especially those in NY/NJ/PA

X2

Ophidion....i agree....im in South Jersey....Anytime....Thanks Guys. Ill go with the muliple packs LCDH. Hey joe thanks for the hello...

Welcome! But from someone born and raised in south Mississippi and now living in EXTREME South Alabama, there is no "southern" in New Jersey! LOL.

Seriously, I think you'll love it here. All very friendly folks. Enjoy!