Pork chops LaRue for dinner tonight.

ptrthgr8

LaRue Tactical is one of my favorite companies. Any time you order something they include a bunch of freebies. One such freebie is their Dillo Dust dry rub. LaRue is based out of Leander, Texas, so they know a thing or two about grilled meat. :)

Nothing particularly fancy about the pork chops. Just some the wifey picked up from the local grocery store at the last minute. Here's a pic of the chops just after I put them on the grill:

post-9836-13665053438608.jpg

Used a small amount of charcoal to help get the fire started, but most of the heat was provided by a mixture of hickory and mesquite wood. Here's a pic of the chops after I flipped them at the 5 minute mark:

post-9836-13665054581866.jpg

Five minutes later I pulled them from the grill. Here's a shot of the chops ready to plate:

post-9836-13665055485406.jpg

They were paired with some homemade mashed potatoes. Dinner was tasty. Now on to some drinks, a cigar or two, and some hockey. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday night, eh?

Cheers,

Greg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

The Dillo Dust rub seemed to be on the sweeter side, pretty heavy on the paprika. Could use a little kosher salt and black pepper to help bring out the flavor of the meat a bit more - at least as far as these chops were concerned. Not sure I would use only the Dillo Dust again, but I wanted to try it by itself so I would know how it grilled up. Now I know... and knowing is half the battle. :)

Cheers,

~ Greg ~